Waste Tank Valves

I am new to Heartland, my wife and I just bought a new 2017 Cyclone 4115 Toyhauler. It has a lot more bells and whistles then our last Trailer. The question I have is this new trailer has 2 black water tanks and 2 gray water tanks. I have 2 valves towards the front of the trailer (Gray Water# 1 and black water) and 2 valves at the back of the trailer (Gray Water #2 and black water). The factory didn't put labels on the valves to indicate which valve opens which tank. Is there anyone who has knowledge about this system?

Thanks;
Mike

pjones1969

Here's how our Cyclone 3800 is plumbed and I think it's pretty common amongst several models

Both gray tanks and forward black tank drain to the front outlet, rear black tank drains to the rear outlet.

If I'm not going to flush the tanks with the outside connection I drain the rear first then back up to do the front so I can flush my hose with the gray tanks discharge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jv75353

Hi Mike,

If you haven't used your rig's waste system yet you could dump a pail of clean water down the front bath tub/shower drain then open the front valves one at a time to determine which one is the gray tank. Then repeat for the rear putting water down the rear bath sink. Once you determine which valve is which identify with a paint or use a self stick letter (like for a mailbox).

Thanks for the information. And thank goodness that it is still new enough that no nasty stuff has gone into the tanks, so I think I will have to dump some water down the pipes and see what operates what.

VTA_slug

So I have a 2017 cyclone 3600 toy hauler and it has the same valve system. With out knowing which is which, I just opened both and flushed the system and repeated the step for the rear. Did I do it wrong?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Jv75353

So I have a 2017 cyclone 3600 toy hauler and it has the same valve system. With out knowing which is which, I just opened both and flushed the system and repeated the step for the rear. Did I do it wrong?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
The recommended draining procedure is to empty the black tank first the the gray tank. This helps flush out any debris that might be left in the drain hose.

I did some testing, on my trailer the front 2 valves are #1(left) gray #2(right) black. I also noticed that one feels heavier duty then the other and pulls out further, this is the black water valve. The 2 valves on the back are up and down, the top valve is gray and the bottom is black, and same structure as the front, the heavier duty with longer pull is the black. The rear gray water tank drains on the front sewer hookup and the rear black drains on the rear sewer hookup. Hope this helps someone besides me.

Thank you very much. We just purchased a Cyclone 3600 and does anyone know for sure that the rear top valve goes to the front drain as well? If so, no wonder why I did not get out water when I pulled it and when I went to do the front, I had water pouring all out of it when I released unscrewed the cover. Good thing it was just Grey water. I never would of guessed that the valve went up to the front. I bet my tank is not empty either.

So it sounds like I have four tanks then, but the gauges inside only show three I believe.

pjones1969

Thank you very much. We just purchased a Cyclone 3600 and does anyone know for sure that the rear top valve goes to the front drain as well? If so, no wonder why I did not get out water when I pulled it and when I went to do the front, I had water pouring all out of it when I released unscrewed the cover. Good thing it was just Grey water. I never would of guessed that the valve went up to the front. I bet my tank is not empty either.

So it sounds like I have four tanks then, but the gauges inside only show three I believe.

Check on the wall in your rear bath, mine has a white box on the wall that has the monitor for that rear tank, the rest of mine are in the main control panel

I did some testing, on my trailer the front 2 valves are #1(left) gray #2(right) black. I also noticed that one feels heavier duty then the other and pulls out further, this is the black water valve. The 2 valves on the back are up and down, the top valve is gray and the bottom is black, and same structure as the front, the heavier duty with longer pull is the black. The rear gray water tank drains on the front sewer hookup and the rear black drains on the rear sewer hookup. Hope this helps someone besides me.

Thanks for posting this Mike! We have the 2018 Cyclone 4115 and I was wondering if I was just crazy or if they really did plumb it the way you described. To bad with all our add ons they couldn't spend $2 for waste valve labels! And I still don't understand why they couldn't dump the rear gray through our rear dump location so that we can clean the hose back there. Hopefully this is something that they will fix for future customers.

MikeandDar

After reading this post I will give my 2 pennies. We have a 2016 4250 and went through all the growing pains everyone here has, I had to add external add on valves to each drain. The reason for this is it is not a matter of if but a matter of when the internal valves will leak. What this means is when you go to remove caps to drain you will be left with an unpleasant surprise and let me tell ya in the heat of the summer while in the tight confines of a full hook up spot, you don't want to be that guy. I plan on cutting a chunk out of my pipes and installing external in line valves as the little ears have a tendency to snap off the valves that just twist on. I believe it's a small price to pay to keep a perfect trip from becoming a crappy one.
Good luck to all and happy trails!!