EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NM, Albuquerque - 5/3/2018 to 5/6/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokiejoe

Ted and I will be bringing Margaritaville on the road to N. Mex. along with our Breakfast Extravaganza. A little early yet but maybe the attendees can be thinking of a side dish to bring. Biscuits and gravy, egg dishes, fried potatoes etc.
We'll provide the meats and the wives will provide the Mimosas to drink.

Don, if you didn't learn anything in La., don't let me down on the Sunday morning donut and coffee. You're not too big to rag on. Our group is ready to rumble and eager to get out your way. See everyone there and make sure to visit Margaritaville for a cocktail or ten. Safe travels on your way home and see everyone there. Later and have a great day. The best looking one of the bunch isn't in the pic. He had to take the picture.

Ready for the Tiki Bar aka Margaritaville in NM and as always the BF Extravaganza. I'm sure they will both be a hit with the attendees, along with the Mimosas. Frank, no need to worry about the donuts and there will always be coffee in the club house, morning, noon and night. See you in a few weeks. Safe travels!! PS...If you notice in the details we have Nelly muffins Sunday morning. YUM!

Last edited:

'Lil Guy'

Don, our group of Unacceptables can't wait to get out there to New Mexico. The Mountain Region rallies are so much fun and entertaining compared to our region. Seems the leaders spare no expense to ensure a great time will be had by all. Howard and Shelly along with Gaary had a great rally last year and sold us on your chapter and region. After getting to know you and Vicky, I'm sure this rally will be a huge success. I'm old and can't remember, but I think we did the Breakfast Extravaganza there last year. Now, with Ted Davis's help, we'll be cooking bacon, sausage and kielbasa as for as the meat goes. I promise there will be enough meat for the Friday morning breakfast. Time to be determined by you. Not too early or late. Around 8:30 or 9:00 for the late sleepers.

For people who haven't been to one of our Breakfast Extravaganzas, let me explain how it works. All we do is supply the meat including extra sausage for the people who want to make sausage gravy. Kind of like Stone Soup, we're hoping for side dishes to go with the meat and complete the meal. Scrambled eggs, egg dishes, biscuits and gravy, cheesy grits, grits, fried potatoes, fried potatoes with onions, more biscuits and gravy, butter and jelly, more potato dishes, fruits, etc, to complete the meal just like the pot luck dinner. Hopefully this will be one of our best breakfasts yet. Such a great way to start a rally, on a full stomach, and a great way to meet the other attendees. Our Wives will set up the Mimosa fountain which we just started and it seemed to go over well. So, if you like orange/pineapple juice along with the bubbly, you now have a Mimosa.

Sooooo, if the attendees will start thinking of a side they can or will bring to help ensure this breakfast is the best ever, the meat cookers from margaritaville would sure be appreciative. After you've thought of your dish, please post up so everyone doesn't do the same thing. Just make sure there are plenty of fried potatoes.lol(and desserts)

Forget the donuts for Friday but we need the coffee to be hot.

Margaritaville? Tiki Bar? Ted and I don't leave home without it. We just added 2 more Palms for this event. Just hope we get a good turnout for my Rum punch.. Come early and stay late.lol

Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting new people. later and have a great day.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Don & Vicki:

For the Breakfast Extravaganza, I will make a spinach souffle since "pickled Chicken lips" are out of season in Arizona!
Sounds like you might have a couple of master chef's on board! You must have a big Chapter fund to bring this team in from Texas!
Or, just maybe, they were ran out of Texas!
Looking forward to the Rally!

Chippendale

Don & Vicki:

Sounds like you might have a couple of master chef's on board! You must have a big Chapter fund to bring this team in from Texas!
Or, just maybe, they were run out of Texas!
Looking forward to the Rally!

Having been forced to associate with both of them in the past, I would say it's the latter.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I'm old and can't remember, but I think we did the Breakfast Extravaganza there last year.

Frank...

I do, in fact, have proof (blackmail :confused: ) that you did indeed do the Breakfast Extravaganza last year in Ruidoso!

HOCNMFrankBacon-P5050716.jpg

"DON'T BURN THE BACON!" :mad:

Chippendale

Frank...

I do, in fact, have proof (blackmail :confused: ) that you did indeed do the Breakfast Extravaganza last year in Ruidoso!

View attachment 57120

"DON'T BURN THE BACON!" :mad:
You can see who has the most experience, Frank's bacon is "golden brown", cooked to perfection while Pat's bacon appears to be a "little charred" around the edges. Pat may need to start attending more rallies and work on his technique. Of course it could have just been the altitude, things cook different in Alto than they do down 2 feet above sea level.

JohnD

You can see who has the most experience, Frank's bacon is "golden brown", cooked to perfection while Pat's bacon appears to be a "little charred" around the edges. Pat may need to start attending more rallies and work on his technique. Of course it could have just been the altitude, things cook different in Alto than they do down 2 feet above sea level.

Either that or Frank might need to start a Bacon Cooking seminar as part of the HOC Rally festivities! :cool:

'Lil Guy'

Either that or Frank might need to start a Bacon Cooking seminar as part of the HOC Rally festivities! :cool:

Dang sure be more interesting than another tire or brake seminar. The trick is getting just the right amount of cigarette ashes on the bacon. I really enjoyed that park in Alto and Ruidoso is a nice place to visit.

JohnD

Dang sure be more interesting than another tire or brake seminar.
The trick is getting just the right amount of cigarette ashes on the bacon.

I really enjoyed that park in Alto and Ruidoso is a nice place to visit.

Cigarette ashes and a little Fireball for spice! :cool:

I'm leaving Denver in two days for New Mexico...

Gonna try and spend a couple of nights at the NRA campground near Raton, then on to Elephant Butte or Avery for another coupl'a dayz!

Then...Arizona look out! :angel:

'Lil Guy'

Ted and I have a lot of meat to cook so I think we should leave the FB at home. However, you can bring it to the Tiki Bar. We should have it set up Wednesday evening thru the duration of the rally and boy will you get some preferential treatment. See you in a month.

How about some pledges on side dishes for breakfast? Please.

JohnD

Since I can't bring the Fireball to the Breakfast Extravaganza, I'll have to ponder what I'll bring on my drive to Raton tomorrow. :confused:

rxbristol

Thanks to Don's and Dave Tyler's encouragement, we've made reservations...arriving on 1 May and departing 7 May. Assigned to site 1226, but will be arriving in our other RV, La Pequeña (SOB) and leaving La Casa Rodante (Landmark) at the home base. Look forward to seeing y'all. Please put one down for the tram ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.