Help with towing BH

Dougstdig

Hello all. I just put down a deposit for an 09 3400RL. I won't be able to take delivery until the second week of September...as I'm out of town.

My questions are regarding hitches. Is the Bighorn pin box and front frame area compatible with a retractable ball / Goose neck set up? I didn't know if there were warranty issues. Other than retaining bed space...is there any other +/- going this rout?

<O:pThanks for any help in advance.<O:p</O:p

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The frame on Heartland trailers is not designed to be compatible with Gooseneck adapters. If one is used, Lippert will not honor the frame warranty. You can do a search on the forum here using gooseneck as a keyword and see other responses as well. Sorry.

Delaine and Lindy

B&W Hitch!!

Not sure I understand the problem. However if you have a B&W turnover ball, all you need to do is buy a B&W Companion 5th wheel hitch and you will have a excellent 5th wheel hitch. I wouldn't recomend a Gooseneck adapter, most 5th wheel aren't designed to be pulled by the Gooseneck adapter. I have the B&W set up and have towed the Landmark and I am now towing a Mobile Suites. Good Luck. GBY...

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
Ditto on the B&W. I need a flat floor to carry a water tank, so a hitch with rails won't do me any good. I had the B&W installed by the dealer when I bought the truck, since I knew it was the only hitch I wanted.