Thetford Aqua Magic Style 2 Toilet Issue

TX_Clay

Woke up this morning and when I went to the bathroom, the bowl was filled to the rim. Flushed it and pumped the pedal a couple of times. Then watched and could not see any water filling the bowl. Couple hours later, my wife called me and asked if I was playing pranks on her, filling the bowl up so that her butt got wet when she sat on it. Although it would be a good prank, wished I had thought of it, I had not. That told me it was still leaking.
Will the Thetford 42049 Aqua Magic Style II Water Valve Replacement resolve this issue? Looking through the comments, people talk about water leaking on the floor at the back of the toilet, not the bowl filling up.

danemayer

Whatever you end up doing, add a cutoff valve so in the event of another toilet problem, you can shut off the water to the toilet when not using it, without affecting the rest of the coach. Take care not to drop the pex line while installing the valve.

id110011

Did you ever get resolution to this? My 2013 had the bowl overflowed while we were out and now I have water damage.

Roller4tan

After getting a wet arse a few times, we do two things. Make sure to let the ball snap closed and the lift the lever with your foot to make sure it's closed. Oh, and every so often take the flush pedal off and grease the pivots.

Gary F

Got bit by the overflowing bowl, overnight while sleeping. 2nd time in 7 months waking up to a wet floor and carpet. Currently Replacing carpet and padding in the bedroom and hallway on the 3610RE. Removed the toilet and overhauled (replaced) the water valve system.

Gary

Donhutch1800

Got bit by the overflowing bowl, overnight while sleeping. 2nd time in 7 months waking up to a wet floor and carpet. Currently Replacing carpet and padding in the bedroom and hallway on the 3610RE. Removed the toilet and overhauled (replaced) the water valve system.

Gary
We had this happen 2 times to us so we just replaced the toliet with a dometic 320.Its a lot cheaper than dealing with wet carpet and flooring.I also added a shut off valve just in chase.