Where do we go from here? Input?

RandyG68

Just purchased a 2009 sundance mk2900, my wife fell in love with floorplan and I thought I looked over the coach carefully. Well, I took it to a local rv repair center for a loose floor issue and during inspection, he found another major problem. The skylight over the shower had leaked and now the whole section of roof over the shower is gone.:( Its not leaking anymore, fixed by the dealer or previous owner, but I'm not sure what my rights are at this point. Bought as is, but I'm sure the dealer knew of this issue and didn't disclose. I haven't contacted them yet, but not sure if they will do anything since its used.Is this issue fixable? If so how major of a job are we talking, thanks.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately as is means as is. You bought it. But it won't hurt to contact the dealer and talk to them.
My daughter bought a camper a couple years ago that she knew needed some work. Some work, in this case, meant a lot of work for dad. After going up on the roof I discovered that there was a previous roof repair.
It looked like a section was cut out, new plywood patched in, the EPDM replaced with the old, Eternabond layed and a lot of Dicor on top of that.
So I think that if you are a DIY person the repair might not be a difficult or costly project.
But check with your dealer.
Let us know how this plays out.

Peace
Dave

esscobra

no disrespect - but more for others reading this- always get a professional opinion/inspection from outside source unless you are confident you can do any/all possible repairs-

danemayer

If by "gone" you mean there's a section of roof where the wood is rotted because of the leak, I agree with Dave. You can probably cut a rectangle out of the roof and replace the underlying structural pieces that are damaged. Then put down a new piece of EPDM roofing material to cover the area, seal the seams with Eternabond, and finish with caulk.

RandyG68

Thanks for the input, I called the dealer and didn't feel much love, very defensive. Don't think I'm gonna get much cooperation from them. If I fix it myself, is there a instructional video on applying the epdm? And one thing that scares me is once I get in there, how far does the damage go. Thanks:(

Tsys100718

There are a ton of EPDM installation videos on youtube. Just entering EPDM in the search box will bring up a search list that includes "epdm rubber roofing installation rv" and following that link gets you 3,750 videos.

RandyG68

There are a ton of EPDM installation videos on youtube. Just entering EPDM in the search box will bring up a search list that includes "epdm rubber roofing installation rv" and following that link gets you 3,750 videos.

Thanks, I'll check em out!