Will Be an Official Heartland Owner Soon!

TexasTraveler2017

Well, we placed an order for the new Gateway 3713CK this last weekend. The factory is saying the order should take about 6 weeks, so hopefully we will be official Heartland owners soon. Thanks for all the information and answers to questions that I had asked before!

Brent

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Congratulations on the purchase of the new Gateway! Now to get you to join the club and start attending rallies. Just click on the Owners Club tab and check it out.

We have three chapters in Texas, which means three times the fun!

Oregon_Camper

Congrats!!! :)

You can download my Pre-Delivery Inspection document, by clicking on the link in my signature below.

This document will take you about 4 hours to complete (don't rush it) and will ensure you understand all the operations of the trailer as well as having you inspect the trailer. This will help you find all sorts of "gotcha" stuff that might not pop up until later down the road (ie...when your 100's of miles from an RV shop). No matter what the dealer says, their PDI is will never cover everything.

Complete this PDI and get dealer to fix all issue before paying for trailer...that way the dealer is very motivated to finish.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats! Please make sure you join the Heartland Owners Club and join us at a rally soon! They are a blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

Congrats on your new purchase and welcome to the family. Let us know when you get your new rig and post some pics. Hope to meet you down the road.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Congratulations on the new Gateway!! Hope to see you down the road at a rally or two. As the others have said, I urge you to join the Heartland Owners Club as soon as you have purchased your rig. You will meet more amazing people in this group and develop some lifelong friends!

Rod and Kelly

CoveredWagon

Be sure and get the tools from the dealer for manually moving the slides. Especially if you have an electric slide. Trust me it's hard to do after you take delivery. Customer service is clueless. BTDT.

TexasTraveler2017

Thanks everyone! We're excited for a road trip to pick it up in Michigan. Hopefully we will get a more solid date soon so that I can try and schedule a stop in Elkhart at MORryde on the way home. Since we will be full timing, I plan on upgrading to their Independent Suspension with disc brakes.

Brent

terribruce

retired Oregon Chapter Leaders
Congratulations on your new Gateway. Welcome soon to the Heartland family and hope soon to see you at one of our Rallies. Maybe post a picture or two of the new addition. :rolleyes:

Terri

Abear79

Congrats and welcome, hope you join the HOC. And make sure you you dont have towmax tires on your Gateway. Safe travels my friends.

jbeletti

Hi Brent - congratulations on your Gateway order! Exciting!

I'm guessing your dealer is Lakeshore RV as you're making a trip to MI to get the unit. As it's unlikely you'll utilize your MI dealer for warranty service, if your schedule allows, consider staying in the area for a couple of days to really put the coach through it's paces, all the while, keep a list of issues and questions. Then schedule with your dealer, a return to their service department for punch list items and answers to your questions.

Doing your own PDI after the dealer does theirs is always a good idea. Some dealers are more sensitive than others about allowing the customer to do their own PDI or giving the customer the amount of time they've requested. I suggest you speak to your dealer salesperson about this soon, so you can both get on the same page in terms of expectations on both sides.

I see Jim (Oregon_Camper) has linked his PDI form in this thread. I hear it's pretty comprehensive.

Hope to see you at a Heartland rally next spring!

TexasTraveler2017

Hi Brent - congratulations on your Gateway order! Exciting!

I'm guessing your dealer is Lakeshore RV as you're making a trip to MI to get the unit. As it's unlikely you'll utilize your MI dealer for warranty service, if your schedule allows, consider staying in the area for a couple of days to really put the coach through it's paces, all the while, keep a list of issues and questions. Then schedule with your dealer, a return to their service department for punch list items and answers to your questions.

Doing your own PDI after the dealer does theirs is always a good idea. Some dealers are more sensitive than others about allowing the customer to do their own PDI or giving the customer the amount of time they've requested. I suggest you speak to your dealer salesperson about this soon, so you can both get on the same page in terms of expectations on both sides.

I see Jim (Oregon_Camper) has linked his PDI form in this thread. I hear it's pretty comprehensive.

Hope to see you at a Heartland rally next spring!

Thanks for all of the helpful information! We did purchase from Lakeshore and plan staying onsite at their dealership or at a nearby campground for a couple of days to work out any issues. Will definitely reach back out to them to ask about PDI.

Thanks!

Oregon_Camper

Thanks for all of the helpful information! We did purchase from Lakeshore and plan staying onsite at their dealership or at a nearby campground for a couple of days to work out any issues. Will definitely reach back out to them to ask about PDI.

We drove from Oregon to Lakeshore (Michigan) back in 2009 for our prior RV. They were fantastic to work with. We stayed one night in their lot. They had all the facilities we needed to complete the PDI (water, power, sewer).

Here is one of their three "campsites" available to people that need extra time on at the dealer. I'd drive there again from Oregon to purchase an RV.

Lakeshore RV (3).jpg

CoveredWagon

Plus 2 or 3 on Lakeshore. Were there items that needed fixing ? Yes were they fixed to our satisfaction, yes. Did I have chase the techs down a few times yes, but they fixed everything to our satisfaction. We stayed a couple of nights there and never felt rushed by anyone. Even made some new friends who were taking delivery of their new Rv. One thing I'm hearing more and more throughout the industry, is the factory often gets the tv cables messed up, loose connections and or / incorrect connections. Yup we had em too.

- - - Updated - - -

We drove from Oregon to Lakeshore (Michigan) back in 2009 for our prior RV. They were fantastic to work with. We stayed one night in their lot. They had all the facilities we needed to complete the PDI (water, power, sewer).

Here is one of their three "campsites" available to people that need extra time on at the dealer. I'd drive there again from Oregon to purchase an RV.

View attachment 54375

Thats the one we had 😉

TexasTraveler2017

Glad to hear all of the good feedback on Lakeshore. So far they have been great about answering questions and even getting me in contact with Mike Zuern from Heartland to help get questions answered about the mid year changes that would be going in and different from what we saw with the current 3712s on our local dealer lots. He sent me pictures to show me the new decor and answered all my questions.

We were initially leaning towards a Jayco/Northpoint or the Open Range 3X models but once we saw the Gateway's unique midbunk design, we fell in love with it. Then we saw the new 3713 on the website and loved the option of the outdoor kitchen and fireplace on the inside. Then to see the option of the hydraulic leveling instead of electric like on the other brands was something I really liked.

Plus, all of the helpful people on this forum have made the decision to become a Heartland owner even easier!

TexasTraveler2017

Well we got the VIN for the new Gateway and Lakeshore said they expect to get it from the factory tomorrow. We’ll be leaving Saturday to head towards Michigan to pick it up next Monday! Hopefully I will have some pictures tomorrow. Just need to figure out if I need/want to go with the 8k morryde IS or stay with 7k.