Tires in your TV SRW

Mattman

If you have replaced the tires on your truck, what have you put on?
Pros and cons. Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I've used Michelin MS-2 tires on two vehicles. For me they wore well, were quiet and gave me no trouble. That's all I ask for.
I see no con.

Peace
Dave

Chopperno1

Nitto Terra Grappler G2
load range E

Good, grip quiet, have about 25,000 miles on them now and they are holding up well

alexb2000

20" Toyo AT's. ~40K and looking good. I will probably change at or just before 50K, but I change tires way before the wear marks.

I also like the Michelin's, but I prefer to run a more aggressive tread.

Power247

Nitto Terra Grappler G2
load range E

Good, grip quiet, have about 25,000 miles on them now and they are holding up well
X2. I have 45k on mine and should easily get another 10k based on how they are wearing.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

kf5qby

Michelin A/T 2. This is third truck I have had these on. Runs great empty and holds the weight while towing.

http://www.michelin.ca/CA/en/tires/products/ltx-a-t-2.html

I have not needed new tires on my truck yet but will in the very near future. I used the Michelin A/T 2 on my previous 3500 and was very happy with them. I got 60,000+ miles out of them before they needed to be replaced. They are one of the top 3 for when I have to replace the OEM tires.

kf5qby

I like firestone HT

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

These are OEM on my 2500. While they ride great, wear evenly and are quiet, I will be lucky to get 20k miles out of them. At the 10K mile rotation they were already down 50% on tread depth.

dave10a

My truck came new with Michelins which had 90K miles when I put on Nitto Terra Grapplers. The Nitto's are rugged and do better in the rain and snow while being quiet on the highway. Nitto is well known in the racing/drag world and is owned by Toyo which is good tire as well. I don't think you can go wrong with many of the other reputable brand names as well. To me it is cost performance that counts as well as an establish track record and is ISO certified.

Last edited:

Abear79

LT265/70 TOYO A/T II open country. I rotate them every oil change and been having them almost 2 years. no problems yet...

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
Nitto Terra Grappler G2
load range E

I will second this, I found the Terra Grappler 10PR E rated tires to be amazing. First set had 63k on them and this set has around 2.7k and they still ride like new.

Aandaar

I replaced my Firestones with 20" Sailun A/T Truck Tires. Love them so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rooster58

I love the cooper discovery st maxx in 275/70-17 on my Ram. I needed a more aggressive E load range tire than normal for mud. They seem to be wearing well and are quiet for how aggressive the tread is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jwill18

These are OEM on my 2500. While they ride great, wear evenly and are quiet, I will be lucky to get 20k miles out of them. At the 10K mile rotation they were already down 50% on tread depth.
X2. I only got 25k on mine. Kept them rotated and tire pressure at mfr rating.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Gaffer

Toyo RT they are in between the AT and MT.

Last edited: