Awning LED Color Change Remote - 2018 WD 2375 BH

Hi,

We purchased a 2018 Wilderness and it has an LED strip in the awning that's hard wired in to a switch near the television. I really like this feature, however it comes with a remote for changing the LED color that doesn't work. The LED color is stuck to Green. My dealer didn't seem to know how to make it change color so I'm posting here.

I've put a fresh battery in the remote and tried pointing it in just about every direction in and around the camper to see if I could find the receiver point, but no luck. Thoughts?

CLB

Hi,

We purchased a 2018 Wilderness and it has an LED strip in the awning that's hard wired in to a switch near the television. I really like this feature, however it comes with a remote for changing the LED color that doesn't work. The LED color is stuck to Green. My dealer didn't seem to know how to make it change color so I'm posting here.

I've put a fresh battery in the remote and tried pointing it in just about every direction in and around the camper to see if I could find the receiver point, but no luck. Thoughts?
Do you know the manufacturer of the light strip? Some have a app to download and control with your phone via Bluetooth. Also if you can follow the wiring you could probably find the receiver for them, if I was guessing I would check around the awning that's where I would install it.

Sent from my 5049Z using Tapatalk

Hi,

Did you find the problem I just got one today and it's doing the same thing can use some help

Spxmike

I have a 2019 North Star 28RKDS and the awning remote rarely works. Luckily I got it to white lights. I'll monitor this thread for suggestions. Sorry I don't have any yet...

wdk450

I am guessing that these RGB Led light strips might be pretty generic. I was just looking at them on E-Bay a few days ago. They had controllers there too, at what seemed to be reasonable prices. If you see one there with the same electrical connector, you might give it a try. LEDS are pretty forgiving for miswiring - they usually just don't work, but no damage is done if miswired.

Here is an E-Bay search URL for the RGB LED strip controllers: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=RGB+LED+Strip+remote+controllers&_sacat=0&_sop=15

JAIE

I am having the same issues with a 2018 Wilderness 2725BH, the remote went missing... in one of the service visits and now is fixed in one weird color. I guess if we are able to find where the control module is we could replace the whole thing, I have been looking for it with no success... so i am afraid that it could be inside the awning roller which it would be a total pain to replace.

CruzTerri

We have a 2018 North Trail 22fbs with these awning lights. Well, you have to point the remote to one end or the other where the lights are, and then the remote should work. We, too, had the issue until we figured it out. The receiving unit is tucked into the roller at one end or the other. Hope this works for you.