Swapped out the mattress.

DocMartin

In the 427 if you have the RV king bed you have zero room on the camping side. That's my wife's side. So after sleeping on that so-called mattress we decided to swap it out with a 12 inch high memory foam. At the same time we figured go with a residential queen and then modify the bed pedestal and cut the extra off on her side to add leg room. All done this evening. Came out great and the wife can now walk around on her side of the bed. Also much easier to make the bed up.
197c6deb29a46768a2fb64108c416825.jpg

a4ce1e7a6f52e32d9a5cd0ef13a64aa0.jpg

f2fd5f6e47c24ff6e4a8198794793185.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3760EL

We did the same thing with our 2016 3760El even before we left the dealership. They changed out our king for our new queen for us. Best move we made. Also had them swap out our theater seating for two rocket swivel recliners that matched our leather sofa. Great dealership in Oregon.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

We are not very happy with our rv king mattress as well. I like what you did. We were considering giving each side an additional 6" of room. Now we will look at where we want to allocate the 12" of walk space. Thanks for the post.

DocMartin

We are not very happy with our rv king mattress as well. I like what you did. We were considering giving each side an additional 6" of room. Now we will look at where we want to allocate the 12" of walk space. Thanks for the post.

We had to use the RV during the hurricane and just had another camping trip this past weekend. We are SOO happy with the new memory foam gel top res queen over that piece of garbage RV king that was in it before. She has more room and it is much easier to make the **** bed as well.

BobTheBuilder

We looked at all options and settled on the Dynasty RV King gel/memory foam. We are little people and don't need either the width of an RV King or the extra walk space if we had gone to a queen. But we decided the mods to the frame were too much to tackle for extra walk room and an easier to make bed. The Dynasty fits much tighter than the factory mattress so it is more difficult to make up and even tighter to walk around. However, we love the very firm mattress, it has no smell as some do and at $466 including shipping we considered it a good buy.

justafordguy

We also swapped out the awful King mattress ours came with to a residential Queen 13" memory foam and cut down the base to match. Much more comfortable and the extra room on the sides of the bed is awesome. :cool:

Mark-Roberta 051995

We are undecided at this time since we are new to this camper (LM 365 Charleston). We had a residential King in our last camper and it fit great with room on each side. With 2 dogs who like to "hog" the bed at night we thought we would transfer the king platform / mattress to the new camper since it came with the queen.
Well, as of now we have a very very tight area in the bedroom. We are going to make a decision over the winter on what to do. If we go with a RV King we will only gain 4" total width = not much. If we go with a queen we gain walking room around the bed and ease ability to make the bed but may be a little tight in the bed for all four of us. The dogs are 18-20 lbs. each and I know I know - we should kick them out of the bed but tell them that.
We have a few things to look at but will make that call by next spring. I like the idea of putting linoleum on the pedestal for ease of sliding the mattress back and forth so we may go that route.