• Pets ok?: Yes
  • Golf carts allowed?: Yes
  • Golf Cart restrictions?:
  • Golf Cart fees?:

Details:
------------------------------
  • Number of sites held:
  • Register by end of day 9/15/2017
  • Site fee: $$45.95 per nite / weekly rate will be less per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: 0
  • Non-Club Member fee: 0
  • Potluck: No
  • Potluck date:
  • Potluck time:

Additional Info:
This is a beautiful area and the park is a Good Sam park for an additional discount. Lots to see in the area!! Come join us for fun and fellowship! Please call and make your reservations and drop in and join us!

Rockin_Dollar_B

New Mexico Chapter Leaders-retired
I am so looking forward to this getaway! Work has been crazy, the craziest it has ever been. Mom's passing was, well it was my mom passing, so take it from there; she is in a better place. We need to go back in November to bury her ashes. Dad is moving along, he brought me home so I could stay a week longer than Howard and the boys. He will be back more often now. So that means I need to clear some of the clutter from the house to set a good example. (Inside joke, sorry). Howard's work is keeping him close to home this fall too. He normally is not off during year end close out with the Air Force so this year he is off but nearby enough if he is needed.

So come out and enjoy the mountain air, leaves changing and quiet.
-Shelley

Rockin_Dollar_B

So has anyone ever brought their sewing/embroidery machines with them when camping. I am thinking I might want to bring mine. I have Christmas presents to make!:eek:

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
I have brought my sewing machine to work on small projects.
Don and i would like to come to this...we will be at a "star party" thru the 25th. I'll let you know if we will be coming sometime this week.

Rockin_Dollar_B

I have brought my sewing machine to work on small projects.
Don and i would like to come to this...we will be at a "star party" thru the 25th. I'll let you know if we will be coming sometime this week.
It will be great to see you two, it has been a while!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Rockin_Dollar_B

2 days and a wake up and we are on the road to Eagle's Nest! Can't wait to get into the mountains. Come join us for fun!

Rockin_Dollar_B

Well we made it Saturday afternoon a little later than originally planned but it is all good. The area is BEAUTIFUL! We went to the Red River Folk Festival today and sure enough Shelley is sunburned. She didn't plan on it warming up so quickly. The highlight so far was meeting Roy and Sandy Walker, fellow Heartland Family members from North Texas Chapter. Unfortunately they were getting ready to leave when we met them. We hope to see them again sometime. Wish you all were here with us.

Rockin_Dollar_B

Time is going too fast! We spent Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday seeing the sights in Eagles Nest, Angle Fire and Taos. There is a lot of beauty around here and we have not done it justice (I guess we are leaving something to come back to someday). Yesterday and today have been rainy and there is snow on a peak NE of us. It wasn't there yesterday. We have seen a couple of beautiful rainbows too! Howard is catching up on his reading and I am a sewing fool! I am working on those Christmas gifts as it is just around the corner.

Rockin_Dollar_B

Well we thought we would be pulling out in a rainstorm, but the forecast has pushed it back a few hours. Almost all packed and ready for departure. It was a wonderfully, relaxing week and we wish some could have joined us but there were a lot of activities going on. If you haven't been to this area of New Mexico, we highly recommend it. The Vietnam Veteran's Memorial is a stop well made. A few unknown facts: Any veteran may purchase a brick and have it placed here, it was the first Vietnam War Memorial in the nation, it was started by a father mourning his son, Dr. Westphal took some of the dirt from the memorial site to the place in Vietnam where his son company was ambushed and killed and spread it there, he then took some of the dirt from that place and put it at the site in Angel Fire, a bikers association, Run for the Wall, place all the bricks ordered on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. We easily could have spent a whole day there.

It is time to winterize the Rockin' Dollar B and put her away for the winter. We hope to see many of you in the spring at our NM Chapter Rally in Albuquerque, NM at Route 66 RV Resort!

Status
Not open for further replies.