Garmin Back-up camera

Gaffer

Anyone using a Garmin camera on their truck and or trailer?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1tW_buzlX8

23509ca8-e0d2-45ba-bc2e-000885ac5e8d_1.3aff794991440ffaa6552811c096795f.jpeg

Oregon_Camper

Nope...we went with the Furrion Observation Rear Camera. I've had the signal drop one time, for about 5 seconds. This thing rocks. I have it tilted down when I have the WR450 (motorcycle) on the back of the trailer, so I can see the dirtbike and traffic. Even in this down position I can see WAY back

Link to Amazon

71ZIa9e77qL._SL1500_.jpg

Gaffer

Already have an Edge CTS to monitor my engine vitals and check/clear codes and my Garmin. So don't really want another screen on or above the dash.
The Garmin camera will work with my existing GPS screen and the GPS will pair with multiple cameras. Was thinking of puting one on the back of the truck and one on the back of the 5er.

KenandKK

Had one for about 2yr's now! I got it with the Garmin RV-760... it's OK, not great... I have it connected to the marker lights. It always works, but the pix is a little hazy. I bought the extension cable, as per Garmin, to make it more reliable. I'm happy with it but I wish it had a little better pix quality.

Ken

KenandKK

I have the BC 20. Garmin says they are about the same. (I was looking to upgrade) YouTube has some good vid's showing both. My model is to old for the BC 30

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nope...we went with the Furrion Observation Rear Camera. I've had the signal drop one time, for about 5 seconds. This thing rocks. I have it tilted down when I have the WR450 (motorcycle) on the back of the trailer, so I can see the dirtbike and traffic. Even in this down position I can see WAY back

Link to Amazon

View attachment 54358
Is this hard to install, or should I get camping world to install it? It sounds like an awesome camera & I can use all the help I can get backing up our mallard m28 rv.
Carol
2014 GMC Sierra 1500
2018 Mallard m28 rv
Lake City, Fl:cool::cool:

Oregon_Camper

Is this hard to install, or should I get camping world to install it? It sounds like an awesome camera & I can use all the help I can get backing up our mallard m28 rv.
Carol
2014 GMC Sierra 1500
2018 Mallard m28 rv
Lake City, Fl:cool::cool:

You can do this...:)

Just tap into the light I have the red arrow pointing to for power. This way the camera will only come on when you are connected to the truck and you have driving lights on.

Then install the bracket where the Blue line is shown.

Should take you less than 30 mins to install.

Make sure you get the one in the link below, as it is the "Observation" model, which will work all the time vs other model that only comes on while vehicle is in reverse.

Link to Amazon for Device.

Capture.jpg

Link to Amazon

View attachment 54358Just bought a new M185 and picked up a Furrion "observation" camera. The factory CSR at Heartland told me the M185 backup camera pre-wire is connected to backup rather than running lights. Do you or anyone reviewing this thread know how/where the connection is made so that it could be switched? I'm interested in having it wired to the running lights instead of backup only.