Landmark 365 Charleston outside slideout seal runs horizontal above the slideout attached to rig

On my Charleston, there are seals attached to rig that run horizontal that when the slide comes
in the slide bumps up against them. I have had one seal on each slide start vibrating out while traveling.
these seals actually have thin metal in the seal that runs down a track attached to the rig. Looks
like to me at the factory they placed some kind of material at the end of these seals to keep them from
coming out. it looks white. maybe just a glob of some kind of caulking that sets up hard. I can
see on one seal that the little metal end embedded in the seal have rubbed against this 'stuff' and
shaved it off enough to start vibrating out.

any thoughts on how to fix this? what to use to keep seal from vibrating out?

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired
On my Charleston, there are seals attached to rig that run horizontal that when the slide comes
in the slide bumps up against them. I have had one seal on each slide start vibrating out while traveling.
these seals actually have thin metal in the seal that runs down a track attached to the rig. Looks
like to me at the factory they placed some kind of material at the end of these seals to keep them from
coming out. it looks white. maybe just a glob of some kind of caulking that sets up hard. I can
see on one seal that the little metal end embedded in the seal have rubbed against this 'stuff' and
shaved it off enough to start vibrating out.

any thoughts on how to fix this? what to use to keep seal from vibrating out?
We had the same problem with our big horn we tried the caulk the silicone many different types many different amounts the only thing that worked was a tiny screw at the end of the weather strip

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Lou_and_Bette

We had the same problem with our big horn we tried the caulk the silicone many different types many different amounts the only thing that worked was a tiny screw at the end of the weather strip

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Same way I fixed ours