EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: CO, Montrose - 9/13/2018 to 9/16/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Just to be clear. I did not bring the Sheep Dip, and I completely agree with everyone's opinion of it! :eek::eek: Now, had you been at the next rally, we had some very fine scotch and bourbon going around. Maybe we can arrange for that again in Montrose. Because after tying that Sheep Dip it takes very good stuff to get that taste out of your mouth. So, if you're up for some high quality tasting, I got ya'
covered.

In fact, I'll trade ya some of your outstanding BBQ for some Scotch/Bourbon.

Deal Ron!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I are/is/was camping over at Blue Mesa and drove to Montrose today for something to do and went over to check out the RV park where this rally will be held.

When I looked at their website while still in Mancos it said they closed on October 1st., but guess what . . . they were still open!

The spaces are all pull-thru's and the off-door sides of the trailers are close together, but the door/awning sides are very spacious and most have at least one shade tree, nice picnic table and a small grassy yard.

The sites are all level and well kept but no fire pits, although there is a community fire pit by the meeting room.

The meeting room is a little smaller than the one at Mancos, but I think will be adequate for our use and is very nice inside and out.

Campground was clean and well maintained and we both think this will be a great place for the next Colorado HOC Rally.

Last edited:

JohnD

Here are some photos I took at the park . . .

I think this will be a nice place for a rally!

MontroseRVpark-PA121564.jpg MontroseRVparkSites-PA121559.jpg MontroseRVparkSites-PA121554.jpg MontroseRVparkSites-PA121553.jpg MontroseRVparkSites-PA121543.jpg MontroseRVparkMeetingHall-PA121545.jpg MontroseRVparkMeetingHallinside-PA121546.jpg MontroseRVparkMeetingHall-PA121547.jpg

Az_Ernie

We've stayed here a couple of times. Nice park, however it's about 10 miles into Montrose... good thing or bad thing???

Ernie

JohnD

We've stayed here a couple of times. Nice park, however it's about 10 miles into Montrose... good thing or bad thing???

Ernie

Most, but not all of our Colorado HOC Rallies are at least that or more from the closest town, so this should not be a problem.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We still have 10 sites available for this rally Sept. 13. 2018. This will be our only CO Chapter rally in 2018 as CO is hosting the Mountain Region rally in June in Pueblo. We hope to see lots of you in Montrose. The Pueblo Rally is full but does have a waiting list. We look forward to seeing many of you at one of these rallies.

Please check the Events tab in the forum for rally schedules in our neighboring states of the Mountain Region. Rallies are a great place to see old friends and make new ones.

gwalter

Welcome Paul & Nancy, we look forward to meeting you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gwalter

That is good to hear. We would like to ask those of you who don’t have dates confirmed yet to please let us know when you do. This looks like it is shaping up to be a fun rally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gwalter

I talked to Centennial RV Park today and they have only 12 confirmed reservations for the rally. We have 20 on our list and need to make sure everyone gets registered.

Please look at the list of attendees. I have marked those confirmed by Cathy as of today with an asterisk. If you have a reservation and are not marked, please contact them and then let me know your dates of attendance.

Confirmed by Cathy (3/28/18)

1. Gregg & Linda, CO 9/11-17 *
2. Darren & Pam, CO
3. Jim & Nancy, CO 9/12-16 *
4. Don & Vicky, NM Chapter Leaders 9/12-17 *
5. Tom & Carla, CO
6. Garry , Dakota, & Cheyenne, AZ 9/12-16 *
7. John D, CO
8. Dennis & Alana, CO
9. Steve & Susan, CO
10. Bill & Deanna, CO *
11. Mike & Anna, CO 9/9-16 *
12. Dan & Ann, CO. 9/13-16 *
13. Ernie & Marie AZ 9/12-16 *
14. Ronn & Sarah, CO
15. Don & Monica, CO
16. Paul & Nancy, CA
17. Jim & Jie, AZ 9/11-16 *
18. Craig & Tena, CO *
19. Patty & Bobbie, CO. 9/13-16 *
20. Bill & Ingrid, CO *

teasac69

Please include Tim & Beckey Sacrey in your rally. I've contacted the park and they are calling me back to confirm our reservations. We met Mike and Anna this past weekend at the Louisiana rally and they talked us into coming to yours. (don't hold that against me). we are planning to arrive on the 12th and depart 16th.

thanks
Tim

gwalter

We we are glad you can make it to our rally, and happy that Mike & Anna are out recruiting.

Please include Tim & Beckey Sacrey in your rally. I've contacted the park and they are calling me back to confirm our reservations. We met Mike and Anna this past weekend at the Louisiana rally and they talked us into coming to yours. (don't hold that against me). we are planning to arrive on the 12th and depart 16th.

thanks
Tim

JohnD

Just booked my dates: Wed. 9/12 thru Mon. 9/17/2018 in site #32.

Also, Cathy mentioned that they had a pavillion available (no charge), to which I told her that I'm sure we'd need it for those dates.

Gregg...you may want to contact her and shore that up...she wanted to know the dates we'd need it.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh

thanks
Tim

It will be good to see you two again!

Boot

Heartland Chapter Rally: CO, Montrose - 9/14/2018 to 9/16/2018

Robert and my wife Ilka will be at the Rally 9/14/18 to 916/18. I called Cathy last week and made the arrangements, I don't see our name on the list as of yet. Looking forward to seeing you all. Robert

gwalter

We currently have 24 rigs signed up and have reserved 25. I talked to them last week and as of yet they do have some spaces open to go over our 25 reserved sites. This can be a busy time of year for them with the fall colors happening at that time. If you are on the fence about signing up, please do so as they may fill up before the end of the summer. If you have signed up and are not on the list, please let me know along with your reserved dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.