TPMS Battery life

OldSlowHans

CinC of Everything Else
I just installed a "Tire Minder" "A1A" TPMS system on our rig.

It appears that the transmitters (on each wheel) are continuously active (as opposed to activated by motion as seen in some systems).

Does anyone here have this system, and what is your experience with battery life on the transmitters?

Thanks!

CoveredWagon

I just installed a "Tire Minder" "A1A" TPMS system on our rig.

It appears that the transmitters (on each wheel) are continuously active (as opposed to activated by motion as seen in some systems).

Does anyone here have this system, and what is your experience with battery life on the transmitters?

Thanks!

I believe they are active when they have pressure on them. I remove mine when we plan to be down for a month or more. They mention doing this when going into storage.
be sure you have metal valve stems.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Although I don't have the Tire Minder brand I do have a TPMS.
I never take them off the valve stems and I change the batteries once a year, which is not the recommended interval.
Just leave them on till they go dead, then you will know how long they will last. You might be surprised.

Peace
Dave

pegmikef

Although I don't have the Tire Minder brand I do have a TPMS.
I never take them off the valve stems and I change the batteries once a year, which is not the recommended interval.
Just leave them on till they go dead, then you will know how long they will last. You might be surprised.

Peace
Dave

A year is about what I get. When one goes, I change them all.