2017 Cyclone 3611JS Slide in Slide

Hogladyrider

We love our 3611JS, we live full time in it, but the sofa has got to go!

Looking for information from anyone who may have replaced furniture in a slide in a slide. We prefer two recliners over the 4-section sofa.

The current sofa is bolted to the slide, so I am guessing the new furniture would also need to be bolted to the floor.

The Lippert release cables on both ends of our current sofa have frayed and failed and I do not want to replace them, the sofa has to go, or I will need a butt transplant!

Thanks in advance.

Susan

acro2eaa

Can't help your particular situation. I also have a 17 3611JS with my Indian Vintage in the back. Sad to hear your sofa is falling apart already. But not surprised. I've only had mine out on the road in aggregate about 12 weeks in the 16 months I've owned it and more stuff is broken than not. I like the floorplan generally, but man is it built poorly. At least mine is.

Good luck

Sam

Last edited:

MillerTime802

We also have a 2017 CY 3611 JS and absolutely love it! We travel quite a bit in it, using a RAM 3500 dually....excellent choice.

We replaced last year the leaf springs, bearings, and bolts after one broke when I hit a pot hole in a construction zone. Other mods: I rebuilt the master bedroom bed frame so we could utilize the underlying space for storage. Removed the garage's bathroom, installing a washer and dryer....the greatest thing!!!! Removed the Garage's bench seating and made an office desk on one side with nothing on the other side so I could get a credenza in that space for storage and counter space. Repurposed the garage's large table with fold up legs and use that in the main cabin so we can seat 7 people around it for games and dinners.

Thinking about doing the 4 wheel independent suspension system and increasing the load from 7K axles to 8K or 10K independent suspension. Doing this so I can carry a bit more weight....safely.

BYW, all trailers need revising/updating to suit your personal needs. All trailers need maintenance as they are hurricanes pulled about the USA. All trailers are built very light so interior finishes are light also. This results in the need for maintenance....no biggie....when you fix something do a better job that fabricated.

Love to know what things other JS owners have done to their 5th wheels.....such as....can you capture the space under the steps to the bed/bath for additional storage?

Also, the couch in the JS is okay but not too durable. We're looking at replacing it but good leather options with loungers are running a few thousand dollars...we'll bite the bullet soon and do that.

Lastly, any idea what profile, re-order product number, is for replacing the seals. Most of mine need replacing.

JS's forever, ha.
Brad

MillerTime, do you happen to have any pics of the washing machine and dryer setup? My wife and I are looking a few Cyclone's and would rather have the room for washer and dryer instead of that back bathroom.

09-11-2017
Hogladyrider recliners don't have to be bolted down. Our current rig has one and we strap it in place then remove the strap as part of setup. This can be done with a few points directly under the chair which are never seen.