New fifth wheel

Nightshifter

My wife and I recently purchased a new Landmark 365 Charleston. We picked it up in Ohio and brought it home to PA the weekend of July 4th. We are very pleased with the unit and have camped out with it one time so far with another trip planned in two weeks. I had to deal with some of the so called usual things such as the auto level system and an open valve under the stove for the ice maker. The auto level sensors were not mounted properly thus not allowing me to level it manually and then recalibrating the controller.
A trip under the belly behind the axel and some nuts and bolts instead of one #14 self drilling screw and the same with the one in the nose got me up and running. Found the open valve when I turned on the ice maker. I heard the water running. Also I re did the cable tv connectors found several shorted out at the connector. Installed a new Winegard satellite system works great now but that's another story I talk about later. I'm in the process to building a new home for the fifth wheel and getting it out of my driveway. Can't wait to get it inside ind start on some modifications. So far overall I think it is I great unit.

Pokiejoe

Welcome you two ! bring your Rig on down to New Mexico and Texas and don't forget to look into the Heartland Club !!

Hogladyrider

Welcome to the Heartland Club...great group of folks here with lots of wonderful information.

Safe travels

Susan & Gary

Mark-Roberta 051995

Welcome and also as a newbie there is lots of information in here from some great folks. I would be interested in what you have to say about your satellite / cable connections. We have a 2017 Charleston and have only had it for 3 weeks now. I am missing my satellite cable into the living room all together - but that is another story that is on another thread.

Congrat's on the new purchase. Where was this purchased from?

Mark

Nightshifter

Welcome and also as a newbie there is lots of information in here from some great folks. I would be interested in what you have to say about your satellite / cable connections. We have a 2017 Charleston and have only had it for 3 weeks now. I am missing my satellite cable into the living room all together - but that is another story that is on another thread.

Congrat's on the new purchase. Where was this purchased from?

Mark
The unit was purchased from RV Wholsalers in Lakeview Ohio. It is a no frills dealer and not much in the way of having the camper cleaned up and ready for delivery. The only saving grace was the cost. I have taken care of most of the little defects and adjustments myself because they are 500 miles from our home. They do have a dealer network close by our area if I have any larger issues that I don't want to tackle.
As far as the tv cables go I traced out all of the wires to get a thorough understanding of the cable system. I found five or six connectors to be crimped improperly and shorted with one or two of the fine shielding strands touching the center conductor. I recrimped them and tightened all of the rest. The cable system works fine now. Since then I installed a dish network satellite system on the roof and that works great. I had a problem with the first satellite from winegard due to a leak in the turret where the cable entered. It was a factory issue with a torn o ring. The customer service representative listened to my complaint and my photos and sent me a new top turret assembly. I sent the old one back to them to analyze the problem. They were very cooperative and helpful. Now my system works great. There was never a leak into the coach but water infiltrated the top section and damaged the circuit board.
the cable you are missing should come from one of the four cable jacks in the universal docking station.
We used the coach three times already and are happy with most everything.