Welcome Home Light Feature

gfnesbitt

My 2018 Landmark 365 Oshkosh Welcome home light feature has not functioned since we picked it up. I failed to try it before we left the dealer. I found the magnet mounted under the door. I lifted up the threshold and the linoleum extends to the door edge. I cannot see a switch. Anyone have pics of what I should be looking for or know of something else I should be doing? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

danemayer

I think several people have discussed this with Heartland Customer Service and have been told that the Welcome Back Light feature has been discontinued. Heartland does make changes all through the model year; some adds, some subtracts, some modifications. So it's possible your LM 365 doesn't have the feature.

My understanding is that the switch is under the door frame, so you can't get to it very easily, if it's even there. You might take a look behind the rear wall of the front pass through basement storage to see if your rig has the KIB control module. If you find the module, then you have the feature. If not, you don't.

Here's a link to a picture that shows the module. It's usually on the door side, within a few feet of the door.

There should be a switch to turn on the entry light manually. That has to be OFF for the Welcome Back feature to do anything.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Our 2018 Landmark Newport does not have the Welcome Home light feature either. It looks like it is just something they discontinued. I am not sure why as it was a great feature IMHO but someone thought that it was not needed anymore. In spite of that, we still love our LM!!!

Rod

danemayer

Dane, is it 'discontinued' for new(er) models or discontinued for 'all' Landmark models regardless of year?

Lisa,

I don't have firsthand information, so I don't know if it would just be on new floor plans, or on all Landmark 365s, but if the feature has been discontinued, I would guess it's all LM builds starting a few months ago.

Oddly, there were some posts just a few months ago that Heartland was putting Welcome Back into Bighorn and Big Country as well as Landmark 365.

I suppose as people take delivery on various 2018s, we'll find out where it's been discontinued.

NYSUPstater

If your talking about the light that comes on inside of doorway of coach when you open/close door, our '18 BC has it.