Satellite TV

Rdsharp

Hello, hey we have a Dish Satellite receiver on the top of out 5th wheel, but we sre always parked wherevwe cant get service? So we are thinging anout getting a tailgater. Can anyone tell us where we would plug that in to get satellite? Thank you...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MikeR

The coax will attach to the correct coax connector in the UDC. There is a diagram sheet inside the UDC, attached to one of the walls, that shows where to connect your coax.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Ok Mike, what is the UDC???

UDC=Universal Docking Center. That's the area where your water, cable, and satellite connections are. There should be a diagram on the door labeling all the connections

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Purchased the King Tailgater in June of this year. So far it has been a great unit. Just plug into satellite connection in the UDC. Turn the receiver on, click on the state you're in and you're done. As long as you have clear view of the southwest sky, you are good. That is the direction of the Dish's three satellites.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
It also depends on your receivers. Not all receivers work with all Dish equipment.

The Hopper will not work with a portable satellite like the Tailgater.

Maybe post some more information about why your rooftop unit isn't working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNOKING

The coax will attach to the correct coax connector in the UDC. There is a diagram sheet inside the UDC, attached to one of the walls, that shows where to connect your coax.

There is no guarantee that the cables on the back side of the UDC are contacted as noted. Also many have found issues with the coax going to the slide. You carefully pull the coax out of the hole in the I-beam frame member to verify that it is correctly barreled together. And all connections need to be check that they are tighten down. Behind UDC, to slide and wall plates.

Chris

danemayer

Hello, hey we have a Dish Satellite receiver on the top of out 5th wheel, but we sre always parked wherevwe cant get service? So we are thinging anout getting a tailgater. Can anyone tell us where we would plug that in to get satellite? Thank you...

A lot depends on how the roof top satellite is installed. In the UDC, you probably have jumpers connecting the rooftop pre-wiring to the coax lines running to bedroom and living room. I think a Tailgater may only provide for 1 receiver connection, so assuming that'll be in the living room, you would remove the jumper and attach the Tailgater coax to the living room feed in the UDC.

Check that the Tailgater is compatible with whatever receiver you already have. It may not be.

Rushmore UDC COAX Wiring.jpg