Tow vehicle Terry

Furious10

​Ford F150 4X4 with 5.0 V8, off-road and trailer tow packages.
Before I got this truck, I pulled it with an F150 4X2 4.3 V6 with trailer tow package...did fine. I just like a V8.

Last edited:

lhatton

Thanks you! We have a Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi 4x4 Shortbed Sport. Have never owned or towed a travel trailer. Just discovered the Terry Classic V21, love the retro look!

BobbyandGenee

Thanks you! We have a Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi 4x4 Shortbed Sport. Have never owned or towed a travel trailer. Just discovered the Terry Classic V21, love the retro look!

As long as you have the weight distributing hitch and anti sway bar (which You should have with ANY travel trailer) you should be good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Furious10

I had the same kind of truck a few years ago...it pulled a bigger trailer. Loved it. Like Bobby wrote; make sure you get the anti-sway bar. Who did/are you getting the trailer from. If it's Delmarva RV Center, have them include the anti-sway bar in the deal...they did that for us.

BobbyandGenee

ad26f440b22beeaf3c88369e51dd1b75.jpg

Weight Distribution Hitch w/ built in sway attachment. This is what I have also.

Furious10

Yes...my post should read, weight distribution and sway control hitch. We have the sway control on the truck, also.
But to reiterate...if you are buying from Delmarva RV Center, have them GIVE you and install the weight distribution and sway control hitch .

We will be towing ours with a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland! Getting a WDH and sway bar installed before we take her home! Picking her up a week from Monday. We can't wait!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

BobbyandGenee

Let us know how it goes! My wife wants a Jeep as a “Play Vehicle” but we want to be able to tow the Terry also. As we go to Tahoe and Yosemite (and other high Sierra destinations) towing uphill is a big deal to us!

Let us know how it goes! My wife wants a Jeep as a “Play Vehicle” but we want to be able to tow the Terry also. As we go to Tahoe and Yosemite (and other high Sierra destinations) towing uphill is a big deal to us!

Will do! I'm hoping it will be able to tow it anywhere we go. It's rated for 7200lbs but I know there is a lot more to "easy" towing besides the GVWR capabilities. We plan to go to every National Park we can get to and several State Parks along the way...Both are our preferred campgrounds by far. So being able to go up, around, down and through will be important!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk