ATF: Edge - 2018 Edge 357ED Grey and Black Tanks and Capacity

How many Grey tanks and how many Black tanks does the 2018 357ED come with and what are the capacities? My panel says I have two Grey tanks and one Black and the outside signage says two Grey and one Black. In application I can see Black water drain out of both ends of the trailer and grey at the front. It appears that the back drain for the rear half bath is a combination grey and Black as it appears to drain both the sink and toilett from the half bath. What is the sizes of the tanks and which handles are for Grey and Black? Why are the handles not labeled? Thanks for any clarification.

Tony D

danemayer

Hi TechAddiction,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a number of Edge owners active on the forum, so I expect you'll get some feedback shortly.

If you'd like direct feedback from the factory, I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. If you've already bought the Edge, have your VIN # ready. If not, ask for Edge Sales.

Hi TechAddiction,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a number of Edge owners active on the forum, so I expect you'll get some feedback shortly.

If you'd like direct feedback from the factory, I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. If you've already bought the Edge, have your VIN # ready. If not, ask for Edge Sales.

Thanks for the reply, would the above number have 2018 Edge 357ED specific manuals? They seem hard to come by online. None of my literature that came with my trailer covers cable tv hookups or winterization specific to my model.

Mikec91

Ok you should have two grey and two black the front bath the sink and shower goes into one grey ant front toilet goes into one black the kitchen sink and the back bathroom sink go into the second grey tank and it drains out the front drain outlet the back toilet goes into the second black tank and drains out the rear drain

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Ok you should have two grey and two black the front bath the sink and shower goes into one grey ant front toilet goes into one black the kitchen sink and the back bathroom sink go into the second grey tank and it drains out the front drain outlet the back toilet goes into the second black tank and drains out the rear drain

Thanks for the quick reply, so what do the sensors mean when I have two grey but only one Black? Which tank is the sensor reporting capacity for the front Black or the rear Black? DO you know how big each tank is? Thanks,

Tony D

LBR

Would this process work for you?...Old school, but worked for me.

1) setup coach, drain all tanks, close all dumps

2) put 5-10 gallons down each vessel that can accept water, one at a time

3) make note of which drain lever dumps that water

4) label valve handles....done.

Mikec91

I think grey 1 is front bath grey 2 is kitchen sink black is front toilet you should have another sensor pad in the rear bath that is for the rear toilet only

I think grey 1 is front bath grey 2 is kitchen sink black is front toilet you should have another sensor pad in the rear bath that is for the rear toilet only

Thanks for the info again Mike. That never occured to me, thanks, I will check when I get home. I only ever recall seeing a light switch on the wall inside the half bath but I was never looking for anything else. Love this forum.

You wouldnt happen to know how all of the cable TV outlets are wired on the outside where the water hookup is? Nothing seems to be labeled on the RV and the dealer specs are all wrong.

Tony D

pjones1969

Attached is the most recent coax layout for Cyclone, Road Warrior, Torque and Edge I received from Heartland

Attachments

• Coax - Cyc RW TQ Edge - new2, recd. 7-25-17.pdf
    230.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Attached is the most recent coax layout for Cyclone, Road Warrior, Torque and Edge I received from Heartland

Thanks a ton, that's exactly what I needed. So it looks like the 4 at the top in the water hook up panel are for jumpers. That's perfect!!

Tony D

- - - Updated - - -

So I got home yesterday and looked for a rear Sensor Panel and can't find one. Is it possible that the rear Black tank doesn't have one? Do you just wait for the toilette to back up to figure out when it needs dumping or just dump often? Or could it be that the sensors in the front are miss labeled and one of the grey sensors is for the rear Black? I really would like to figure this one out.

Mikec91

Ok do this empty all tanks run water in front toilet until you see a light come on thin open valves to see where it drains thin go to each sink and repeat that will tell you what drains where and what sensor to what tank

Ok do this empty all tanks run water in front toilet until you see a light come on thin open valves to see where it drains thin go to each sink and repeat that will tell you what drains where and what sensor to what tank

Will do and I will report back for other Edge 357ED owners and possibly other models with half baths.

Tony D

pjones1969

Thanks a ton, that's exactly what I needed. So it looks like the 4 at the top in the water hook up panel are for jumpers. That's perfect!!

Tony D

- - - Updated - - -

So I got home yesterday and looked for a rear Sensor Panel and can't find one. Is it possible that the rear Black tank doesn't have one? Do you just wait for the toilette to back up to figure out when it needs dumping or just dump often? Or could it be that the sensors in the front are miss labeled and one of the grey sensors is for the rear Black? I really would like to figure this one out.

Jumpers if you have a roof mounted dish, on my Cyclone the two on the right run to the roof coil, the two on the left ran to the TV's, I actually used the far left and ran a separate coax to my outside TV, 2nd from the left went to the main living room TV, then I mounted a King Quest dish on the roof using a mount (King Quest MB700) and then used the jumpers, its great, you can remove the dish from the mount if you get in the trees and hook it up direct in the UDC if needed, so far I have not had to do that and its one less thing I have to do when I arrive or leave.

The tank sensor in my rear bath I a white box on the wall, nothing like what you see in the master control panel

So I called Heartland and talked to a Service Technician and he informed me that the Edge 357ED has 1 Black Tank for the Main Bathroom, 1 Grey Tank for the Main Bathroom and kitchen sink and 1 Combination Grey/Black tank for the rear bathroom. The 2nd Grey Tank Sensor is for the combination rear Grey/Black tank. I have 100 gal fresh water split into two tanks and 1 45 gallon Black and 2 40 Gallon Grey one of which is the Rear tank. Front handle is Grey, 2nd handle to the right is Black, and of course the Rear Handle is for the combo tank. That means I have the Kitchen sink, Master Bath sink and Bathtub all feeding into 1 40 gal tank. I guess I'll be using the rear sink a lot more for washing hands or the outside shower hookup. Hope this helps others,

Tony D

- - - Updated - - -

Jumpers if you have a roof mounted dish, on my Cyclone the two on the right run to the roof coil, the two on the left ran to the TV's, I actually used the far left and ran a separate coax to my outside TV, 2nd from the left went to the main living room TV, then I mounted a King Quest dish on the roof using a mount (King Quest MB700) and then used the jumpers, its great, you can remove the dish from the mount if you get in the trees and hook it up direct in the UDC if needed, so far I have not had to do that and its one less thing I have to do when I arrive or leave.

The tank sensor in my rear bath I a white box on the wall, nothing like what you see in the master control panel

I'm interested in your Dish setup. What service provider did you go with and how much does the service run? Does the dish you chose do HD programming? Automatic lock?

TBone237

How many Grey tanks and how many Black tanks does the 2018 357ED come with and what are the capacities? My panel says I have two Grey tanks and one Black and the outside signage says two Grey and one Black. In application I can see Black water drain out of both ends of the trailer and grey at the front. It appears that the back drain for the rear half bath is a combination grey and Black as it appears to drain both the sink and toilett from the half bath. What is the sizes of the tanks and which handles are for Grey and Black? Why are the handles not labeled? Thanks for any clarification.

Tony D

That's funny. I have the same question after dumping for the first time last week. Also with the rear Black tank, the rinse water doesn't get back there to clean the tank. I hope I am just doing something wrong.