Shoes or disk's

jnutt

I'm getting ready to order a 3160el in December, any thoughts on brakes - shoes or disk?

jim

Last edited by a moderator:

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
We had Morryde install the Kodiak Disc brake system in our new Cyclone. There's a VERY noticeable differance in how it stops.

Pokiejoe

I for one would definately go with the disk's for the sheer safety factor. My wife and I can really tell the difference since we had them put on. We've just had them a couple months but they were well worth the money spent. Ron Russell out of Moore, OK did a wonderful job at a reasonable price. You won't be sorry.

Oregon_Camper

Can't advise on disk brakes, but with our F-350 and standard drums brakes, our 3160 stops great. I have never had any issue that made me wish I had better stopping power (distance).

I've had a few times where I had to hit the brakes hard (being cut off of course) and again, no issue.

SLO

Love the disc breaks. If for no other reason, the peace of mind. Brake dust is the only negative I can see

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Ron Russell's guys installed my Titan disk brakes and we love them! Lots of confidence in these brakes.

danemayer

6 years of towing with the electric, drum brakes. Sometimes the brakes worked fairly well. Often they barely worked.

1 year with disc brakes. Night and day difference. No worries about lights changing. No worries about descending steep grades. No worries about traffic surprises.

DougS

Doug S
This was my first summer of towing with disc brakes and I can not say enough good things about them. I towed in the rockies this summer with a lot of confidence.

macjj

A few years back my beautiful bride driving, I had told her numerous times with the weight behind her, she ends to allow more time to break. One issue with drum/electric brakes is they work better after being warmed up. Well she went straight thru a red lite - very glad to see there was no jumpers in the opposite direction. Needless to say, after returning installed Disk breaks - either that or an extra supply of shorts. Have never regretted the decision. I went with the Dexter system, but the other options are just as good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro