Ut oh!

Kbvols

Ahhh that looks sharp! Now I know why I haven't seen you on the forum much you been busy. Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sniper

Ahhh that looks sharp! Now I know why I haven't seen you on the forum much you been busy. Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks! We got her home after 9pm last night. It's stupid nice! I'm not sure I'm smart enough to do anything with it except drive it. LOL Now we need a new fifth wheel hitch. Looking at "Pull Rite". I surf the forum for reviews on them. :)

Pizzaguy

Congratulations! We did the same thing back in July but haven't had a chance to pull with it yet as we have a seasonal campsite. I love the truck though!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20170708_112210_001.jpg
    20170708_112210_001.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 246

travlingman

Congrats. I have had mine since April, just finished a 760 mile trip with 5er. These things are assume. It will take a while to figure out all of the electronics. If you do, let me know show you can show me. :cool: What all options did you get? 3.55 or 4.10 rear end? Great looking ride, enjoy.

Sniper

Congrats. I have had mine since April, just finished a 760 mile trip with 5er. These things are assume. It will take a while to figure out all of the electronics. If you do, let me know show you can show me. :cool: What all options did you get? 3.55 or 4.10 rear end? Great looking ride, enjoy.
Thanks. It has 4:10 gears it's the Lariat Ultimate Package and has more buttons on the steering wheel than my flip phone. Thank the good Lord I have the Commander she owns a Lincoln so it's all child's play to her. LOL :)

LBR

Great looking truck! Ours is suppose to be built week of Oct 9th and be at dealership by Nov 15....so jazzed!

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
VERY nice! I guess you intend to test a lot of different campgrounds soon! We hope to see you there

CoveredWagon

Thanks for the condolences :) Is the Anderson the ball hitch?

Yes it is. Take a look at their web site it's amazing. https://andersenhitches.com/Catalog/ultimate-5th-wheel-connection.aspx namely the videos. I've pulled semis using a 5th wheel hitch but would never go back. Oh and did I mention their ultimate hitch weighs 32 lbs? Yes that right. 4500lbs tongue weight and 24500 lbs draw weight. Unreal and it's so easy.

Im still waiting for Andersen to send me a check. 😂

Sniper

Yes it is. Take a look at their web site it's amazing. https://andersenhitches.com/Catalog/ultimate-5th-wheel-connection.aspx namely the videos. I've pulled semis using a 5th wheel hitch but would never go back. Oh and did I mention their ultimate hitch weighs 32 lbs? Yes that right. 4500lbs tongue weight and 24500 lbs draw weight. Unreal and it's so easy.

Im still waiting for Andersen to send me a check. ��
How much height does the ball adapter add? This bed rail height on this new Super Duty appears to be WAAAAAAY higher than Old Faithful is. :)

Mike-n-Justina

Congrats on your new ride. Nice looking truck. Hope to see you guys soon. We are at Myrtle Beach Travel Park for a week now. I like the color. Was you able to find it locally? Just had the Dodge deleted and 5 inch exhaust put on. It pulled the mountains great.

Sniper

Congrats on your new ride. Nice looking truck. Hope to see you guys soon. We are at Myrtle Beach Travel Park for a week now. I like the color. Was you able to find it locally? Just had the Dodge deleted and 5 inch exhaust put on. It pulled the mountains great.
Thanks. Looking forward to seeing you both soon as well. We did find it locally and the Commander fell for that color in April is called "Magnetic". We got a lifetime powertrain warranty so I don't think I'll be doing any deleting of anything. (in fact the commander has given the Hands Off! order :)) but with 440 HP & 925 lb ft of torque we should roll pretty good. :cool:

Last edited:

avvidclif

Congratulations on the new TV. Very Nice. As the saying goes "I don't even know it's back there".

CoveredWagon

How much height does the ball adapter add? This bed rail height on this new Super Duty appears to be WAAAAAAY higher than Old Faithful is. :)

Ive heard that about the new Fords. Here's what I can tell you, but honestly I'd call Andersen, they are the nicest people on earth and I'd bet they would have any answers you'd want. I'm sure they've dealt with the new Super Duty trucks.

First off I have a Mor/Ryde hitch (not sure if the makes any difference). The rails on my truck are 22 " high. The ball has three positions about 1 1/2" apart, mine is now in the highest position. The top of the ball is 19" from the bed. It appears that the socket of the adapter is 1" down from the bottom of the pin box.

i admit I did ding the inside of the rails on my truck when I had the pin in the middle position. I was backing with some weird tight twisting angles involved. I've eliminated this problem, by raising the ball and letting all the air out of the Air Lift.

Hope this helps, but I'd call Andersen and ask them what their solution is. Trust me if it will work for you you'll like it alot

Sniper

Congratulations on the new TV. Very Nice. As the saying goes "I don't even know it's back there".
Thanks Cliff. that is exactly what we are hoping for. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Ive heard that about the new Fords. Here's what I can tell you, but honestly I'd call Andersen, they are the nicest people on earth and I'd bet they would have any answers you'd want. I'm sure they've dealt with the new Super Duty trucks.

First off I have a Mor/Ryde hitch (not sure if the makes any difference). The rails on my truck are 22 " high. The ball has three positions about 1 1/2" apart, mine is now in the highest position. The top of the ball is 19" from the bed. It appears that the socket of the adapter is 1" down from the bottom of the pin box.

i admit I did ding the inside of the rails on my truck when I had the pin in the middle position. I was backing with some weird tight twisting angles involved. I've eliminated this problem, by raising the ball and letting all the air out of the Air Lift.

Hope this helps, but I'd call Andersen and ask them what their solution is. Trust me if it will work for you you'll like it alot
Thanks, measuring from the drivers side rear corner to the ground it is 3" taller (which is MUCH less than I thought it would be) and from inside the bed to the top of the rail in the same corner it is 1 3/4" (or real close) taller. i think Jerrod (jesstalkn) has me pointed in the right direction on the hitch too. :)