Ut oh!

Sniper

nice looking tool box. I have the cross over box.
I like the cross over boxes but I wanted to keep the bed rails clear so I can perhaps install a removable tri-fold bed cover to cover and protect everything in the bed when we're not on the road, if I can get command approval. :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Sniper,
The mods look real good. I'm sure you will love having the tool box there to use and keep some spare parts around. I like you Nutsert install
Thanks Bones. I'm really happy with the results of the installation. :)

Sniper

Are you going to tell me you can reach the toolbox from outside the bed???
No, I don't think I could tell anyone that, but I can reach into it fine from outside the bed using the same step I use to reach the hitch release and yes, pulling one latch releases both sides. The lid raises and holds itself too. :)

Sniper

Installed longer mud flaps. The Weather Tech molded flaps were nice, and looked factory installed, they just weren't long enough to protect the front of our Cyclone at all. These are 7 inches longer (17 inch from the bottom of the fender) and should work much better. They look pretty good too we think.

20190704_134951.jpg 20190708_105217.jpg

They are from DuraFlap https://duraflap.com/ (I took someones advice from this forum and gave em' a call, so thanks for the tip) and cost $237.00 including shipping. The flaps seemed to be very well made, are made right here in the good ol' USA and they are really great folks to work with. :)

On board air, and air bags coming soon too. :cool:

Attachments

• 20190708_105338.jpg
    20190708_105338.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Bones

They look good. I'll look them up as well and see what they have that I can use.

Fox

Thanks Bones. If your in the market for mud flaps I highly recommend them. https://duraflap.com/ They are great folks to work with. (I guess I should of put a link in my post. I'll correct that :) )

Duraflaps are highly recommended - and they offer 10% discounts to several groups that I'm aware of, likely many groups.
The ones that I'm aware of are military (both active and Ret.), emer. responders and members of the Ford Truck Enthusiasts.

In each case the shopper will need to ask for the discount so I would suggest you not be shy and simply ask for it.

Sniper

Duraflaps are highly recommended - and they offer 10% discounts to several groups that I'm aware of, likely many groups.
The ones that I'm aware of are military (both active and Ret.), emer. responders and members of the Ford Truck Enthusiasts.

In each case the shopper will need to ask for the discount so I would suggest you not be shy and simply ask for it.

Due to the design I ordered (POW/MIA) they (the folks at DuraFlap) actually called me after I placed the order, and asked me if I were military. I confirmed I was, and they took 10% off my bill. (even after I told them that would not be necessary). They also emailed me several pictures of my flaps to make sure everything was the way I desired it to be before shipping out my order. Great service! :)

Fox

My (rear) duraflaps:

20180804_091756.jpg20180804_172205.jpg

Sorry about the orientation, it was upright when I attached it.

USA RET

Sniper

Installed our new air springs! :)

20190830_101843.jpg

Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Plus Air Springs W / Internal Bumpers - Stainless Steel Air Lift part# 89399. Bought them from etrailer.com. Best price I could find.

20190901_140911.jpg

20190901_160129.jpg

Mabel up in the air getting ready to receive her new bags! :) I'll post more pics later after I get everything cleaned up. Everything is installed she's near the end of the 24 hr leak down test but, I've found no soap bubbles. :D

Bookoo

You're going to love them. I've had mine for two years on my 2017 F350. I run mine at 65 psi on good roads and beef them up to 80 on crappy roads. Remember to drop them to 5psi when running unhitched. Truck rides rough enough without bags being charged. Enjoy!

Sniper

You're going to love them. I've had mine for two years on my 2017 F350. I run mine at 65 psi on good roads and beef them up to 80 on crappy roads. Remember to drop them to 5psi when running unhitched. Truck rides rough enough without bags being charged. Enjoy!

We put em' to their first test this past week end traveling to the Ohio Rally. What a difference! I set them at 50 psi with the trailer weight on.

Here are some more pics after the install.

20190902_151613.jpg 20190902_151648.jpg 20190904_150528.jpg 20190904_150541.jpg

20190905_082359.jpg 20190904_161634.jpg

I ran the air lines out the back thru the bottom plate mounting holes. I'll be mounting a Viair to the frame in the near future with in cab air bag operating capabilities and an air chuck below the spare tire access plug to be able to air tires (no more lugging around an air compressor :p ) next Spring after I'm healed from up coming knee surgery. Can't wait. :)

Bones

We put em' to their first test this past week end traveling to the Ohio Rally. What a difference! I set them at 50 psi with the trailer weight on.

Here are some more pics after the install.

View attachment 62834 View attachment 62835 View attachment 62836 View attachment 62837

View attachment 62838 View attachment 62839

I ran the air lines out the back thru the bottom plate mounting holes. I'll be mounting a Viair to the frame in the near future with in cab air bag operating capabilities and an air chuck below the spare tire access plug to be able to air tires (no more lugging around an air compressor :p ) next Spring after I'm healed from up coming knee surgery. Can't wait. :)

Sniper,
Your install looks good. Good luck with the knee surgery.

Bones

WillyBill

I had a total knee replacement a couple of years ago. Getting my muscles in shape around it made recovery hugely faster and easier on the patient! Ride a bike (No -The other kind-Bicycle) as much as posible until surgery. Less impactr than walking / hiking on your damaged one.
Good Luck!

WB

Sniper

I had a total knee replacement a couple of years ago. Getting my muscles in shape around it made recovery hugely faster and easier on the patient! Ride a bike (No -The other kind-Bicycle) as much as posible until surgery. Less impactr than walking / hiking on your damaged one.
Good Luck!

WB
Thanks WB. I have a torn meniscus and medial plica. (I think that's how they pronounced it :)) anyway, no knee replacement for me, they are just going in there and scrap the plica which has become hardened. He said I should be able to put weight on it in 2 to 5 days and fully functioning in about 12-15 weeks. just in time for Spring. :)

Safe travels.