Roof Issues

paleclaire

Hi all, I have 2 issues up on the roof of my 2014 Gateway. The first picture is where the front cap meets the roof, I recaulk with dicor self leveling and in no time the cracks re appear. The second picture is some just discovered hairline splits in the roof. No sign of hitting anything, curious if anyone else has seen this.
I am considering covering both with eternabond for a longer lasting fix. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
6521e5a1a75816948fadbe779b8e64a5.jpg
a151c1f6cfa3ec83ab477a497025370e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Bones

Hi all, I have 2 issues up on the roof of my 2014 Gateway. The first picture is where the front cap meets the roof, I recaulk with dicor self leveling and in no time the cracks re appear. The second picture is some just discovered hairline splits in the roof. No sign of hitting anything, curious if anyone else has seen this.
I am considering covering both with eternabond for a longer lasting fix. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
6521e5a1a75816948fadbe779b8e64a5.jpg
a151c1f6cfa3ec83ab477a497025370e.jpg

Call dicor and show them the pictures. On the cap and roof peel the old stuff off use self leveler allow to harden than cover with enterna bond tape

jbeletti

Wondering if the front cap is pulling away from the coach. Contact Heartland today (877-262-8032) about this. They may ask you to send them the pictures for review. If they feel the cap is pulling way, they may be able to share with you, the method to repair that properly.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
In the first pic it looks like the surface was not clean and dry when it was caulked and it doesn't look it was done with Dicor self leveling caulk.
The second pic sure looks like the roof was scuffed along something. I would clean it and apply Eternabond tape.

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Another thing I just noticed is that it looks like there should be a metal transition strip that is normally covered by a plastic trim strip.
That strip is what secures the cap and rubber membrane to the structure.
I could be wrong.

Peace
Dave

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

In the first pic it looks like the surface was not clean and dry when it was caulked and it doesn't look it was done with Dicor self leveling caulk.
The second pic sure looks like the roof was scuffed along something. I would clean it and apply Eternabond tape.

Peace
Dave
X-2
I'm thinking the same thing as Cookie

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

paleclaire

Thanks everyone, I'll reach out to heartland, I bought it new, there was always what appeared to be a factory caulked gap between cap and roof, thought it was normal but seems impossible to keep the large amount of caulk from developing more cracks...

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The second pic looks like a tree branch scuffed/cut the roof as it brushed along at a 90 degree angle from the direction the coach was moving. I would clean really well and apply Eternabond tape over the area, as mentioned before.

paleclaire

Peeled a little caulk back and there definitely seems to be a 1/4 inch gap between cap and roof. Took pics and sent to my dealer to forward to the company with my extended warranty. Temporarily sealed up with self leveling dicor. Thanks for the heads up everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk