Thread: ATF: Prowler - Request Info on P255 Backup Camera Bracket Power

1. Print this Post   #1

ATF: Prowler - Request Info on P255 Backup Camera Bracket Power

Greetings. Very new owner of 2017 Prowler P255. It came wired for a Furrion backup camera, has the bracket under the rear center running lamp. It appears that the backup camera is powered all the time, not wired to the running lights. Can you provide where the backup camera bracket is powered from? Thanks.

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: ATF: Prowler - Request Info on P255 Backup Camera Bracket Power

Hi dlthompson896,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

If you don't get an answer soon, I suggest you call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032, have your VIN when you call.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M
    Jim and Bette
    04 GMC CC Dually D/A, MaxBrake, Riderights
    09 Bighorn 3670RL #9E011439
    HOC #1003
    Heartland Owners Club Information
    Branson 08 site #123
    Goshen 09 Rally site #425
    Nashville 10, site #P4
    Goshen 11 Rally site #425
    Gillette 12 Rally site #48E

3. Print this Post   #3

Some have found the 15amp (10amp?) fuse needed to be installed in the area around the busbar and batteries. Mine did not come pre-wired....and I'm glad it didn't. If you use the pre-wired solution, the camera will have power all the time.

By just tapping into the marker lights right above the camera bracket, you will only send power to the camera when you're driving and have your lights on.

The camera a LOT of folks on here install is the Furrion "Observation". This model allows you to have the camera on while driving vs. other model(s) that only comes on when in "reverse"

Install will take way less than 30 mins. Took me about 20 mins the first time, and I could do it in about 10 mins now that I've done it once.

Link to Furrion camera on Amazon

71ZIa9e77qL._SL1500_.jpg

4. Print this Post   #4

Mine was wired to the top center marker light. it was wired backwards got that fixed. It fades in and out and did some research you need to have the antenna pointing straight up. also a voltage test at the light source it was less than 9 volts at that point. Got the marker lights changed to LEDs and put it to 11.5 volts. It wont fade now.

( =Oregon_Camper;565206]Some have found the 15amp (10amp?) fuse needed to be installed in the area around the busbar and batteries. Mine did not come pre-wired....and I'm glad it didn't. If you use the pre-wired solution, the camera will have power all the time.

By just tapping into the marker lights right above the camera bracket, you will only send power to the camera when you're driving and have your lights on.

The camera a LOT of folks on here install is the Furrion "Observation". This model allows you to have the camera on while driving vs. other model(s) that only comes on when in "reverse"

Install will take way less than 30 mins. Took me about 20 mins the first time, and I could do it in about 10 mins now that I've done it once.

Link to Furrion camera on Amazon

71ZIa9e77qL._SL1500_.jpg[/QUOTE]