EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: ON, Cherry Valley - 6/15/2018 to 6/17/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

I see that there are a number of meals being organized throughout the weekend. I assume that we bring our own food to these events i.e., sausage on Thursday night? Or is there a fund to offset costs? Or we just do our own thing?
We will bring Pineapple Delight to the Potluck.
Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Wayne and Deb Kaufman

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
I see that there are a number of meals being organized throughout the weekend. I assume that we bring our own food to these events i.e., sausage on Thursday night? Or is there a fund to offset costs? Or we just do our own thing?
We will bring Pineapple Delight to the Potluck.
Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Wayne and Deb Kaufman
I may be wrong but Saturday night is the only potluck dinner I see.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
We would like to wish everyone attending the Ontario Chapter Rally a great weekend!

Christine and I are currently in Casper, Wyoming , in transit to Camrose, Alberta where we will be attending the Alberta Chapter Rally next weekend.

While we would love to have been able to attend both rallies, this year was not to be. Hello to our old friends and a welcome to all first-time rally attendees! Have a great time and we hope to see you in 2019!

We just returned home from another successful Ontario Chapter Rally. It was a great weekend catching up with old friends and meeting new ones as well. I would like to send a special thank you to Mike and Donna Tinklin for another wonderful rally and for finding such an amazing location!

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Thank you Mike and Donna for another great rally we had a wonderful time and it was great seeing some old friends and meeting new ones. You picked a beautiful campground as well I loved waking up to my view of Lake Ontario every morning and all the food and games as well. Especially enjoyed being able to play pickle ball again really miss not having that here in the states. We look forward to your next rally. Thanks again, Colleen and Jim

ILH

The pierogis were wonderful! Hope Linda shares her recipe!!

Thank you for the compliment - they certainly weren't up to my usual standard - but cooking a double batch in the RV wasn't as easy as I thought it would be! When they're done right, the bacon and onions should be well cooked and the perogies should be browned or slightly crispy.

Recipe? Ha! For a normal sized meal, one bag of grocery store perogies (my preference is cheese and potato flavour), 1/2 lb of bacon and a couple of large onions. Chop up the onions and cut the bacon into smaller pieces - fry these first. They add the perogies. Add some oil if the bacon doesn't provide enough. Fry on low heat (about 2 or 3), turning every 10 minutes or so - until the perogies start browning. Serve with lots of sour cream.

Tip - you can't have too much bacon. Similarly, you need enough oil to brown. If you're looking for a healthy meal, you're cooking the wrong recipe! Makes wonderful left-overs for next-day's lunch.

porthole

Retired
Back home today.
Donna & Mike - we had a great time ! Had to be the quietest campground we have been to, and the view was nice with morning coffee as well.

Thanks for the border crossing.

Status
Not open for further replies.