Landmark Phoenix

LTrussell

Yes, that might work. I know there have been some posts of folks with a front living plan that have tried to make a desk in a similar (raised) slideout. But I have not seen a successful solution posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boy I never dreamed that taking out a couch and putting in a desk in that floor plan would be such a pain! My frame of mind was how easy, perfect problem solved I can have my cake and eat it too! :p

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Boy I never dreamed that taking out a couch and putting in a desk in that floor plan would be such a pain! My frame of mind was how easy, perfect problem solved I can have my cake and eat it too! :p

Sorry, yes the Big Country and BigHorn that are flush with the main floor, it was that easy. (Well, except we had to take the couch apart and take the pieces out the door.)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Another idea might be to have a deeper desktop that extended into the room more, so that you don't actually enter the slide when seated under the desktop. An extra foot or 18" would probably be all that's needed.

LTrussell

Another idea might be to have a deeper desktop that extended into the room more, so that you don't actually enter the slide when seated under the desktop. An extra foot or 18" would probably be all that's needed.

That might be doable.....I was looking in a thread that had all of you that modified a desk in your rigs.....I showed him the one photo where someone built their desk out of kitchen bottom cabinets and a counter top......he liked that so maybe he can come up with something.....right now I have a huge desk in our rig now and my chair sits out of the slide so that wouldn't be a big problem I don't think.