Landmark Phoenix

LTrussell

Hello…. we are perspective buyers and the Phoenix floor plan is the only floor plan that we think will work for us. We realize that this is a new floor plan so questions might be hard to answer. We are waiting for a dealer to get this in so we can do a walk through or a good video out there of it. We have been full timing since 2006…. we are in a Cedar Creek right now and it’s been a good coach but it’s time to upgrade. We have researched and researched other 5[SUP]th[/SUP] wheels but keep coming back to the Landmark. We need a good size desk and we are trying hard to do that and still can have a dining table and seating in the living area. Love the Arlington but we don’t think the desk is big enough to hold two 32-inch monitors and I’m not sure I can live with the kitchen cabinet space, but love that bathroom!

Questions: The new steps that fold up inside the coach, are they removable? They could be a problem for us at our home base where we have a deck when we are not on the road.

Anyone have any idea what that skinny drawer is on the upper cabinet on the pantry side? That’s driving me nuts trying to figure that out!

Can you go to the factory to tour a coach before you buy? Hard to find a floor plan at a dealer to look at around here.

Also, when you order a coach can you change things for example: The blue strip above the stove…. (not a big fan), one less sofa so we have room to put a desk in?

Thanks, Lana

Oregon_Camper

This is a great floorplan for sure!

Perhaps in the 2nd edition (2019) they can add a King Bed with a double slide out...that would add a LOT of space to the bedroom.

Here is my mock up, with the double slide out.

Capture.jpg

Last edited:

danemayer

You should call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Ask for Landmark 365 Sales. They should be able to answer most of your questions.

You can schedule a factory tour, but I'd guess it might be difficult to lock down a schedule that would coincide with a Phoenix being near the end of the production line. But who knows, maybe there's a way.

LTrussell

You should call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Ask for Landmark 365 Sales. They should be able to answer most of your questions.

You can schedule a factory tour, but I'd guess it might be difficult to lock down a schedule that would coincide with a Phoenix being near the end of the production line. But who knows, maybe there's a way.

Thank you.....or maybe they can tell us what and where those Phoenix floor plans are going so maybe we can travel to see them. I really would like to see in person before we buy

jbeletti

Thank you.....or maybe they can tell us what and where those Phoenix floor plans are going so maybe we can travel to see them. I really would like to see in person before we buy

Yes - the Landmark Sales Team should have access to lot stock and be able to direct you.

Note too that the Arlington mentioned is no longer in production - though lot stock may be available.

LTrussell

Yes - the Landmark Sales Team should have access to lot stock and be able to direct you.

Note too that the Arlington mentioned is no longer in production - though lot stock may be available.

I thought I read on this forum where the Arlington was back in production??? The floor plan looks like it has change in the front bathroom area. It doesn't matter because I don't think I can live with the kitchen in that one and I'm pretty sure that desk will not be big enough....so wished though because I love that front bathroom but need my kitchen and desk more.

jbeletti

I thought I read on this forum where the Arlington was back in production??? The floor plan looks like it has change in the front bathroom area. It doesn't matter because I don't think I can live with the kitchen in that one and I'm pretty sure that desk will not be big enough....so wished though because I love that front bathroom but need my kitchen and desk more.
Well - seems you may be correct on this as I see it on the Heartland RVs website and it is NOT listed as DSO like the Madison is. Thanks for the clarification. Apologies that I was not in the know on this.

LTrussell

Well - seems you may be correct on this as I see it on the Heartland RVs website and it is NOT listed as DSO like the Madison is. Thanks for the clarification. Apologies that I was not in the know on this.

Jim no apologies needed the only reason I knew is because I've had my head in that floor plan and the Phoenix...thank you so much for your help!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hello…. we are perspective buyers and the Phoenix floor plan is the only floor plan that we think will work for us. We realize that this is a new floor plan so questions might be hard to answer. We are waiting for a dealer to get this in so we can do a walk through or a good video out there of it. We have been full timing since 2006…. we are in a Cedar Creek right now and it’s been a good coach but it’s time to upgrade. We have researched and researched other 5[SUP]th[/SUP] wheels but keep coming back to the Landmark. We need a good size desk and we are trying hard to do that and still can have a dining table and seating in the living area. Love the Arlington but we don’t think the desk is big enough to hold two 32-inch monitors and I’m not sure I can live with the kitchen cabinet space, but love that bathroom!

Questions: The new steps that fold up inside the coach, are they removable? They could be a problem for us at our home base where we have a deck when we are not on the road.

Anyone have any idea what that skinny drawer is on the upper cabinet on the pantry side? That’s driving me nuts trying to figure that out!

Can you go to the factory to tour a coach before you buy? Hard to find a floor plan at a dealer to look at around here.

Also, when you order a coach can you change things for example: The blue strip above the stove…. (not a big fan), one less sofa so we have room to put a desk in?

Thanks, Lana

Lana, we have the Big Country 4010RD. The Phoenix is very similar. However, I believe the living area is raised up, so there is storage underneath. This means that floor of the living room slides are probably not level with the living area floor. That will be problematic if you are wanting to remove one and add a desk. You may not be able to pull a chair under the desk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LTrussell

Lana, we have the Big Country 4010RD. The Phoenix is very similar. However, I believe the living area is raised up, so there is storage underneath. This means that floor of the living room slides are probably not level with the living area floor. That will be problematic if you are wanting to remove one and add a desk. You may not be able to pull a chair under the desk.

Well didn't think about that.....that would be a deal breaker. I'm curious though why would they not be level with the living room floor because of storage? By the pics on Heartlands facebook page of the outside it looks like the storage goes all the way through....I guess I'm not seeing why the slides and the living room floor wouldn't all be the same level. Praying that it is all level because we really like this coach and really need that floor plan

Oregon_Camper

Well didn't think about that.....that would be a deal breaker. I'm curious though why would they not be level with the living room floor because of storage? By the pics on Heartlands facebook page of the outside it looks like the storage goes all the way through....I guess I'm not seeing why the slides and the living room floor wouldn't all be the same level. Praying that it is all level because we really like this coach and really need that floor plan

All slides are raised above main floor, in order for it to slide over main floor.

TravelTiger

My understanding... Typically, if the slide is level with the base level of the coach, the slide mechanism is underneath the slide and in the underbelly of the coach. The slide is one that once extended, drops down a few inches into a similar floor height. They are usually hydraulic ram operated.

With the raised floor and storage underneath, that type of slide mechanism cannot be used.

You might consider looking at a BigHorn 3970RD or Big Country 4010RD, as these have a similar plan where you could remove a couch to add a desk. That is what we have done.
d2ec87d74937a8c77a19fbc985fc69bd.jpg

Actually also, I just saw a new BigHorn plan, the 3871FBO.
a4dd92681fbd4f8d71b2936ae624a8ac.png

LTrussell

My understanding... Typically, if the slide is level with the base level of the coach, the slide mechanism is underneath the slide and in the underbelly of the coach. The slide is one that once extended, drops down a few inches into a similar floor height. They are usually hydraulic ram operated.

With the raised floor and storage underneath, that type of slide mechanism cannot be used.

Well that is something we will have to check into because if that is the case it's a deal breaker....I'm trying desperately to find a floor plan that we can keep our dining table and seating in the living area in a full season coach. I'm finding that it isn't a very easy thing. Love your floor plan in your coach....love the kitchen....the BH is beautiful too but I don't like the stove area....can't even put a spoon rest there. We are really hoping we could find a Landmark that would work.

TravelTiger

Well that is something we will have to check into because if that is the case it's a deal breaker....I'm trying desperately to find a floor plan that we can keep our dining table and seating in the living area in a full season coach. I'm finding that it isn't a very easy thing. Love your floor plan in your coach....love the kitchen....the BH is beautiful too but I don't like the stove area....can't even put a spoon rest there. We are really hoping we could find a Landmark that would work.

A Big Country is warranted for full time living, if that's what you mean by "full season."

LTrussell

A Big Country is warranted for full time living, if that's what you mean by "full season."

I will go over and see what exactly we can get in a Big Country. We might have to see if we can find a dealer that carries them to go look. My husband likes the way the Landmark is built and what I call all the cool guy stuff on the outside of the coach. Thank you so much for your help!

Razorbackfan

USN Chief
Might also look at where the slide mechanism is located and maybe you can have the floor modified in the center of the slide to make it level with the living room to allow the chair to roll under the desk. You wouldn't need the whole slide to be level just a section wide enough for the chair.

TravelTiger

Might also look at where the slide mechanism is located and maybe you can have the floor modified in the center of the slide to make it level with the living room to allow the chair to roll under the desk. You wouldn't need the whole slide to be level just a section wide enough for the chair.

Sounds like a good idea! But I don't know if that's possible, the slide floor can't be lower than the opening for the slide in the wall.

LTrussell

Thank you.....I will run this by my husband and see what he thinks about it. Would really like to make this coach work for us

Razorbackfan

USN Chief
Sounds like a good idea! But I don't know if that's possible, the slide floor can't be lower than the opening for the slide in the wall.

True, I guess the other option would be to have a light platform made that could be put down after the slide is out for the chair to roll on that is level with the slide floor. Maybe with a small lip so the chair doesn't roll off the back. Or maybe have it hinged to flip up and attach to the front of the desk for travel.

TravelTiger

True, I guess the other option would be to have a light platform made that could be put down after the slide is out for the chair to roll on that is level with the slide floor. Maybe with a small lip so the chair doesn't roll off the back. Or maybe have it hinged to flip up and attach to the front of the desk for travel.

Yes, that might work. I know there have been some posts of folks with a front living plan that have tried to make a desk in a similar (raised) slideout. But I have not seen a successful solution posted.