Thread: Possible interior mod

1. Print this Post   #1

Possible interior mod

I've been thinking about adding a wall to my 2013 21fbs to make the bedroom separate. What I have in mind would be a extensive remodel to the front so I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this to know how it might work

Google ChromeScreenSnapz365.jpg

Sent from my 5049Z using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jbeletti; 10-05-2017 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Added floor plan image

2. Print this Post   #2
    Heartland: Director of Owners Interests jbeletti's Avatar

Re: Possible interior mod

Sounds like a great idea to me. I added a floor plan image to your post so others can visualize your plan.

I'd use 2x2 wood framing with paneling on both side. I think the issue may be securing it at the ceiling. Perhaps with a stud finder, you can locate the nearest trusses or structure in the ceiling/roof for pinning the top of the wall to.
    Jim Beletti
    Director of Owner Interests
    Heartland RVs

Club membership is free and it's easy to join. Click here to learn more

Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

3. Print this Post   #3

Quote Originally Posted by jbeletti View Post
    Sounds like a great idea to me. I added a floor plan image to your post so others can visualize your plan.

I'd use 2x2 wood framing with paneling on both side. I think the issue may be securing it at the ceiling. Perhaps with a stud finder, you can locate the nearest trusses or structure in the ceiling/roof for pinning the top of the wall to.
    What I was thinking is to take out the longer closet on the slide out side and then basically slide the remaining cabinets down then if flatten the night stands I can rotate the bed. That would do several things for me, taking the end closet out gives me room to turn the bed and the open end will give me a place to hang winter coats, plus turning frees up a few feet of length. The biggest hang-up is the vent.

Sent from my 5049Z using Tapatalk

4. Print this Post   #4

I don't have the dinet I have a crappy click clack couch so I've been thinking, I never have more than 2 people inside, put 2 of the swivel recliners and a pedestal base between them so that way I could still have a small meal table for 2 if I want.
    If I can figure out the wall and vent situation I would have room for a small loveseat maybe.