TV Mounted to Wall

crussian

Hi All - thinking of bolstering the mount for my current TV (switching out for a newer 4K - Smart TV) and it might be a pound or two heavier. I want to add a wider base to the TV mount to ensure it stays put. I know, from looking at the current mount that they used two wood screws. I do have pictures that show the bottom of the mount is flush with the wall but the top is about 1/4" away from the wall. Makes sense due to weight of the TV.

What I'm looking for is the schematics that show what's behind that wall. Are the 2 X 2's mounted 16" center like a house or ? Is it possible to get the drawings that show the distances etc so I know how to proceed?

Thanks in advance.

C&J

NYSUPstater

I'd call HL and give them your VIN and tell them what you have in mind and could use their assistance. Worth a shot.

tabibito

Hi All - thinking of bolstering the mount for my current TV (switching out for a newer 4K - Smart TV) and it might be a pound or two heavier. I want to add a wider base to the TV mount to ensure it stays put. I know, from looking at the current mount that they used two wood screws. I do have pictures that show the bottom of the mount is flush with the wall but the top is about 1/4" away from the wall. Makes sense due to weight of the TV.

What I'm looking for is the schematics that show what's behind that wall. Are the 2 X 2's mounted 16" center like a house or ? Is it possible to get the drawings that show the distances etc so I know how to proceed?

Thanks in advance.

C&J

Did you ever get anywhere with asking Heartland for details on this? I'd like to do something similar soon...
-Steve

crussian

tabibito - no, it's on my bucket list to do, just haven't gotten to it yet. Will keep you posted.

C&J