Attention to Detail

Redrider007

Slow down and put the screws in straight! Strap wiring and everything else that hangs down onto underbelly cover!! Better ladder mounting for 3010RE-Better horizontal suppost-Hung a couple bikes and ladder bent and is now trash.

MTPockets

Rear ladders have always been weak; mounting bikes is always problematic as many posts over time will confirm. I, for a time blasted the weak ladder issue and was shut down, I.e. They just aren’t going to do anything about it. It’s so bad, many have posted their own “fixes” to the ladder problem, some decent ideas but totally misses the point. Those ladders are junk, the manufacture will keep selling what Heartland orders, and unsuspecting buyers will keep on having issues.....

hoefler

Ladders are not a mounting point for anything!! They are not designed to have any weight mounted to them and bounce it down the highway.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The ladder is for climbing on the roof. Nine years and it’s still good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mslater

i walked around our RV park and looked at all 17 HEARTLAND products .....everyone of them had bent down stanchions....i only use my ladder to hang a cloths drying rack to it ....

porthole

Retired
i walked around our RV park and looked at all 17 HEARTLAND products .....everyone of them had bent down stanchions....i only use my ladder to hang a cloths drying rack to it ....

All brands use the same ladders, did you do a comparison to the others?

hoefler

When we purchased our Landmark used, I noticed most of the plastic ends on the rungs were broken, I ordered the peices to replace all of them. When I removed the ladder to make the repair, I saw how flimsy it really is. The ladder is sitting in the loft of my shop and has been there for 8 years. I carry a folding ladder, which is more convenient and usable for more than getting on the roof, which I only needed to do once to clear a wasp nest.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Gee my 2018 ladder isn't bent, but then again I only weigh a buck and a half.

And I’m a buck 75. I did have to replace one plastic end this summer, so I bought 4 of them, just in case.

I climb ladders on a fairly regular basis and want at least three rungs above the step off point with the ladder set at 75-degrees. That would mean a free ladder of at least 16 feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seren

Have a 2014 Heartland and use the ladder whenever I go on the roof. Initially I was hesitant to use it since I weight 250, although it "gives", I have not had any problems so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Seren

Ladder is not good and will bend with body weight. I purchased a expanding ladder and use the top of the existing ladder to place the top rung of the expanding ladder for support. I also use the existing ladder to support out flag pole. Best use for it!

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...xpandable+ladder&rh=i:aps,k:expandable+ladder

Had one of those expandable ladders until it was stolen last year, but it was my fault for leaving it in my truck when we were in Yellowstone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MTPockets

There have been a number of ladder “fixes” posted over the years to add security and a more solid feel. I ordered additional set of the standoffs, which for my ladder was two pair; and mounted them about six inches from the originals. This gave my ladder a very solid feel and I’m sure increased load capacity. That flex was gone, so I was happy. Climbed topside many times with my 230 lbs...