Second A/C purchase??

AS7074

Gulfstream IV
We expressed intrest in the second A/C unit when discussing the Sundance we are looking to purchase.

It is a coleman mach 3 plus. I don't know much about the units but they want 649.99 + 99.00 to install. The wiring is already there from factory. Can I get some help here. BTW the main unit is a 15,000 and the second is a 13,500 unit provided we go with it. THX

jgailliot

I have the same setup on my 2009 2900MK here in Arizona. The units keep the trailer cool enough. I paid the dealer $600.00 total for the second air. It seemed almost too good at the time but it has turned out great. The only draw back is that the unit works off its own thermostat and never turns the fan off, just the cooling compresser when it cycles.

Forrest Fetherolf

I have the same setup on my 2009 2900MK here in Arizona. The units keep the trailer cool enough. I paid the dealer $600.00 total for the second air. It seemed almost too good at the time but it has turned out great. The only draw back is that the unit works off its own thermostat and never turns the fan off, just the cooling compresser when it cycles.

jg,

Either the thermostat is wired wrong or the fan switch is on "ON" rather than on "AUTO". Fan on "ON" will run continually when AC is switched on. Fan on "Auto" will cycle with AC compressor cycling on and off. Some units the fan will turn on prior to compressor turn on, both should turn off at the same time.

Forrest

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have 2 AC's and in this Texas heat could not do without 2. That is one of the reasons we insist on 50 amp because 30 amp won't do 2 AC's (our experience) and you cannot cool the coach enough with just one AC.

Uncle Rog

The dealer wanted $1200 for the forward unit, CW put one in for around $600......
installed............

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
I went with the 15,000 Carrier Heat Pump as my second A/C in the bedroom. Installed myself and one of the best investments of time and money so far. Heats as well as cools and only uses the same amount of electricity as the 13,500 units. Since it also heats it saves money on propane in the winter. (Of course total savings depend on if you are metered electricity or not.) Has additonal heat strip included for those extremely cold days. Shop around and you can get one for around $800. Well worth it.