2010 cyclone 3950 awning led HELP PLEASE

Hello folks so I got a 20ft led installed across the main awning I snuck the wires down inside the power awning track on the right side of the front storage compartment between the propane tank door and at the bottom of the track is the hole for the power awning wire that is silonced up so I'm ting to figure out how I can run the wire to the inside using that whole but I cannot fish a clothes hanger thru anywhere it's all aluminum framing an steal and I don't wanna just start drilling has anyone pulled this off using the same spot I tend to use I don't wanna use the porch light I'd like the strip on its own switch to use as I wish plus the porch light is back by the door and I don't wanna see any wires thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I've done exactly what you want to do.
The hole that the awning wire runs through most likely goes to a void under a dresser or to a wire chase along the inside of your bedroom wall.
If you pull a lower drawer out you may see some wires. If there is a wire chase, look closely and you will see screws hidden in the carpet. Remove them.
I did go into the same hole as the awning wire and then re-caulked. It is not silicone caulk, so try to avoid using that stuff.

Peace
Dave

porthole

Retired
Our 2010 Cyclone 3010:

The wire for our electric awning goes through the side, and as Cookie said, ends up behind the drawers in the bedroom dresser. Along with water PEX tubing and ABS pipe for the washer-dryer and a mix of 12 volt DC and 120 volt AC wiring.

So, you don't want to just start drilling indiscriminately.

Thanks guys I did actually pull the drawer yesturday and saw the wires funny you say that but the wires we're different colors I did need to take a break because I was getting frustrated so I gonna try again today and see where I get I just wanna go down to the storage compartment but everything is solid metal

porthole

Retired
Our basement storage is right below the bedroom. Even with all the wires and plumbing behind the dresser, below that in the basement and above a "ceiling" carpeted covering board (4 screws) there are a bunch of additional wires.
And there is no real color coding like you would see in the automotive world.