Washer & Dryer Use

NHCelt

We are half-timers with a Splendide vented, and would not be without it. We considered the stackable but it added too much weight ...a consideration depending upon your setup.

roswald

We are half-timers with a Splendide vented, and would not be without it. We considered the stackable but it added too much weight ...a consideration depending upon your setup.

From your statement I presume you have the combo unit?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The combo unit weighs in at 148 pounds.
The stackable washer is 147 pounds and the dryer is 67 pounds.
So a difference of 66 pounds, not huge.

Peace
Dave

farside291

We have the LG vent less washer/dryer combo on the bottom and a Splendide dryer stacked on top. The LG washer is wonderful, the drying portion not so good. It is a wrinkle monster, that is why we added the dryer on top. The LG washes fairly good size loads. I have even washed a queen comforter in it. The manual says if it fits you can wash it. So I do. It is direct drive and very quiet. I believe its model WM3488. Its very heavy though.

davidaf

If we had to do the laundromat we would have been fulltimers for about a month. 4 years on and our stacked units are going strong. We had to repair the dryer last year when the heating element gave up. Not as big or fast as our stick and brick units but they work just fine.

rmn72

We full-time in our Bighorn with the Splendide Stackable and we love it. Not sure what the others have but our unit is in the bedroom and, with the closet door shut, it can be running and we barely hear it.

Go-Fly

The wife and I are full time in our Bighorn 3760EL. Down south right now, have some stops we want to make before we go to her folks for the holidays. There was room in our rig for a apartment size stack-able with a gas dryer. We can do blankets and sheets in it with no problem. Takes 25 minutes to wash and 30-35 minutes to dry. The best part is, on a sunny day it will run off the solar panels. When on battery, you can only run one at a time. We are having the time of our lives. The sooner you get started, the better off you'll be.