First Time Buyer -- things to check on 2009 Heartland North Trail

bikerjared

Hello --

I've found a really good deal on one of these and know nothing about campers. Are there any common problems I should check for before I buy one? I'd normally be searching like crazy, but I feel like I gotta move fast on this or someone will buy it out from under me. I'll be searching in the meantime...

Thanks in advance!
J

Oregon_Camper

You should complete a proper Pre-Delivery Inspection. This is done on new and used....always best to test everything.

You can search online for one, or use mine. Just click on the link in my signature below. Hope this helps...

bikerjared

You should complete a proper Pre-Delivery Inspection. This is done on new and used....always best to test everything.

You can search online for one, or use mine. Just click on the link in my signature below. Hope this helps...

Thanks for the info. This'll come in handy later. :)

The deal I was looking into turned out to be a scam. Too good to be true, I guess. I'll keep looking...

Hello --

I've found a really good deal on one of these and know nothing about campers. Are there any common problems I should check for before I buy one? I'd normally be searching like crazy, but I feel like I gotta move fast on this or someone will buy it out from under me. I'll be searching in the meantime...

Thanks in advance!
J

I also was looking for information and couldn't find to much on travel trailers , i made a video and posted it on youtube of some of my issues , its listed below.
'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHCk5qQDG6E

wdk450

If I was making such a purchase of an older used RV trailer, I would think STRONGLY about finding an INDEPENDENT RV repairer in my area with good ratings. You can look on RVServiceReviews/com or maybe on Yelp. Ask this repairer to give your prospective RV a check-out.

Beyond the normal check-out items for a new RV trailer PDI, I can think of roof sealing inspection, tires, suspension (including the possibility of flat leaf springs) , and towing lighting as other things that might not be on a PDI list to have checked.