Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Almost new Heartland Road Warrior owner

1. Print this Post   #11

Re: Almost new Heartland Road Warrior owner

Good looking floorplan!! What color did you get?

My PDI was pretty lengthy, I arrived early and stayed late, service closed at 4:30 but the dealership was open until 7 and I already arranged to pick it up the day after so I didnít have to bring it home the opposite direction from where we were going.

I had the opportunity to spend several hours in the unit beforehand and I gave the dealer 3 very simple items that needed attention prior to the official PDI date (couch seat back was off track, one massage controller missing and auto-level system was acting up) I then scheduled the PDI for 2 weeks later, on PDI day they gave me to 2 lower level techs, first thing when I walk in and noticed that they had not touched a thing, I told them to go get the service manager and we had a little heart to heart, then he wanted to order the parts for the couch, I reminded him of the 2 weeks and he then robbed them from another unit after saying they never do that (probably where this one went originally)

They did not want to go on the roof so I went myself and got a tube of dicor from them to patch a few little spots that were not completed, not a big deal. They did not want to fill the black, gray and freshwater tanks all the way, but they did in the end, this also gives you a chance to figure out what dump valve handles work what, I think you will have the same configuration as ours, rear gray tank will actually drain to the front sewer connection, just a heads up so you donít get surprised.

If you got a full body paint model make sure you have all of the colors in the touch up paint kit, that stuff is almost impossible to get in small amounts, of course you are closer to them than I am. If you have a VIN already call Mikeís Custom Painting in Bremen, IN at 574-546-2161 and they should be able to give you the color codes and formulas, very nice people but the smallest I can find locally is a quart, custom mixed and about $45, my touch up kit was missing so they scrounged some up from their service bay and I ended up short the only color I really needed, I could have avoided that by checking it closer.

I failed to notice a screen that was missing from one of the windows, I took pictures and measurements and sent them to the dealer, followed up 2 weeks later and was told itís in the mail, 2 weeks later, same story so I called Heartland with VIN and they confirmed nothing had been ordered so they sent it to me and I had it in about a week.......Iíve yet to receive the call from the dealer that itís arrived, lol

Take your time and run everything several times, slides in and out, auto-level, make sure it doesnít ďpopĒ, if it does thereís a service bulletin to fix that https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/...%20Systems.pdf

Congrats
    Keeping Up With The Joneses...
    2017 Cyclone 3800 FBP
    2016 Ford 6.7 DRW
    HOC No. 3756

2. Print this Post   #12

Quote Originally Posted by pjones1969 View Post
    Good looking floorplan!! What color did you get?

My PDI was pretty lengthy, I arrived early and stayed late, service closed at 4:30 but the dealership was open until 7 and I already arranged to pick it up the day after so I didnít have to bring it home the opposite direction from where we were going.

I had the opportunity to spend several hours in the unit beforehand and I gave the dealer 3 very simple items that needed attention prior to the official PDI date (couch seat back was off track, one massage controller missing and auto-level system was acting up) I then scheduled the PDI for 2 weeks later, on PDI day they gave me to 2 lower level techs, first thing when I walk in and noticed that they had not touched a thing, I told them to go get the service manager and we had a little heart to heart, then he wanted to order the parts for the couch, I reminded him of the 2 weeks and he then robbed them from another unit after saying they never do that (probably where this one went originally)

They did not want to go on the roof so I went myself and got a tube of dicor from them to patch a few little spots that were not completed, not a big deal. They did not want to fill the black, gray and freshwater tanks all the way, but they did in the end, this also gives you a chance to figure out what dump valve handles work what, I think you will have the same configuration as ours, rear gray tank will actually drain to the front sewer connection, just a heads up so you donít get surprised.

If you got a full body paint model make sure you have all of the colors in the touch up paint kit, that stuff is almost impossible to get in small amounts, of course you are closer to them than I am. If you have a VIN already call Mikeís Custom Painting in Bremen, IN at 574-546-2161 and they should be able to give you the color codes and formulas, very nice people but the smallest I can find locally is a quart, custom mixed and about $45, my touch up kit was missing so they scrounged some up from their service bay and I ended up short the only color I really needed, I could have avoided that by checking it closer.

I failed to notice a screen that was missing from one of the windows, I took pictures and measurements and sent them to the dealer, followed up 2 weeks later and was told itís in the mail, 2 weeks later, same story so I called Heartland with VIN and they confirmed nothing had been ordered so they sent it to me and I had it in about a week.......Iíve yet to receive the call from the dealer that itís arrived, lol

Take your time and run everything several times, slides in and out, auto-level, make sure it doesnít ďpopĒ, if it does thereís a service bulletin to fix that https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/...%20Systems.pdf

Congrats
    Thank you for your words of wisdom. We are getting a black & orange full body paint. I was nervous after reading some of the reviews that were not from the MHS website. But, I came to the conclusion that after we leave there we more than likely won't be back there for any other work. I am hopeful that the local dealer will be helpful and willing to work with us when needed. Hoping that we get someone to do our PDI with some knowledge about our unit.

3. Print this Post   #13

Quote Originally Posted by twindadtoo View Post
    Thank you for your words of wisdom. We are getting a black & orange full body paint. I was nervous after reading some of the reviews that were not from the MHS website. But, I came to the conclusion that after we leave there we more than likely won't be back there for any other work. I am hopeful that the local dealer will be helpful and willing to work with us when needed. Hoping that we get someone to do our PDI with some knowledge about our unit.
    Just a reminder that with prior approval from Heartland, you can probably take your rig to any repair center for work. In fact, our dealer recommends it since they know we have quite a drive and they have a long wait just to get in, let alone repair. Just call Heartland with your vin and tell them where you would like to go. Chances are they will approve it. We called the repair guy first just to make sure he could get us in and was willing to do Heartland warranty work.

Also, a 1 hour PDI is barely enough time for them to show you how your systems work, let alone do a thorough check of the rig. AND if you have good friends that will work for food and beer, take them with you. You love this unit, they don't. That set of disinterested eyes was great to have with us. They found things both mechanical and cosmetic that we would have missed.

Sandy

The Givens
    Rich and Sandy
    Sadie, our little fur girl

2017 Big Horn 3160EL
    2013 Ford F350 SRW

4. Print this Post   #14

Quote Originally Posted by BusManRG View Post
    Just a reminder that with prior approval from Heartland, you can probably take your rig to any repair center for work. In fact, our dealer recommends it since they know we have quite a drive and they have a long wait just to get in, let alone repair. Just call Heartland with your vin and tell them where you would like to go. Chances are they will approve it. We called the repair guy first just to make sure he could get us in and was willing to do Heartland warranty work.

Also, a 1 hour PDI is barely enough time for them to show you how your systems work, let alone do a thorough check of the rig. AND if you have good friends that will work for food and beer, take them with you. You love this unit, they don't. That set of disinterested eyes was great to have with us. They found things both mechanical and cosmetic that we would have missed.

Sandy
    Thank you for your comments. I have contacted a local Heartland dealer, they don't sell RW's, they told me they would be happy to service my rig. But, if they are busy they would take care of their customers first. I wouldn't know where else I could / would take it. There are dealers around but I don't trust them. I don't know of any service centers. in our area. I'll try to research and see if I can find a service center somewhere close.

5. Print this Post   #15

Quote Originally Posted by twindadtoo View Post
    Thank you for your comments. I have contacted a local Heartland dealer, they don't sell RW's, they told me they would be happy to service my rig. But, if they are busy they would take care of their customers first. I wouldn't know where else I could / would take it. There are dealers around but I don't trust them. I don't know of any service centers. in our area. I'll try to research and see if I can find a service center somewhere close.
    "Service center" maybe a misleading. Think private repair shop, not a dealership of any kind. The shop we've been using has 4 bays. It's the owner, one other master mechanic and a tech. He also does mobile repair, but we would have to pay for his travel time. The warranty work we are talking about is usually the type of stuff that needs to be done in the shop anyway.

Sandy

The Givens
    Rich and Sandy
    Sadie, our little fur girl

2017 Big Horn 3160EL
    2013 Ford F350 SRW

6. Print this Post   #16

Quote Originally Posted by BusManRG View Post
    "Service center" maybe a misleading. Think private repair shop, not a dealership of any kind. The shop we've been using has 4 bays. It's the owner, one other master mechanic and a tech. He also does mobile repair, but we would have to pay for his travel time. The warranty work we are talking about is usually the type of stuff that needs to be done in the shop anyway.

Sandy
    I understand now, Thank you
    Jeff

7. Print this Post   #17
    Founders of SoCal Chapter Bob&Patty's Avatar

Any time their is a part ordered, never believe a dealer that they ordered the part. Call HL service and ask them if the part was ordered and when it will be shipped. You can also have HL send you the part and install it yourself.
    Bob (Old cranky), Great wife Patty, 5 great kids, 11 grandkids

Callie the wonder dog (we are still wondering) and 1 crazy cat "Baby" (RIP at 18 years old). Callie misses her Kitty.

2013 GMC 3500 HD DRW C/C L/B with all the goodies (the grey ghost). AirLift 5000 with auto leveling. 34 gal custom auxillary in bed tank. Spray in bed liner and rubber mat. 16K Husky hitch.

07 2955RL BIG HORN #5103

58 Belair 2dr hardtop, low and slow custom.

HEARTLAND CLUB MEMBER # 1056

8. Print this Post   #18

Quote Originally Posted by Bob&Patty View Post
    Any time their is a part ordered, never believe a dealer that they ordered the part. Call HL service and ask them if the part was ordered and when it will be shipped. You can also have HL send you the part and install it yourself.
    Thank you
    Jeff

9. Print this Post   #19

Congrats on your new Road Warrior! Safe travels coming and going.

Tim
    2017 Road Warrior 362RT
    2012 Ford F-350 4x4
    Ez-Go lifted electric cart
    It is what it is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2