2014 4100HD Gas Furnace Operation

fastcarsspeed

Ok so really don't need it this week as it is in the 80's here but wanted to make sure the gas works in the rv as we have not used it in this camper. I am wondering if I have the wrong type of Thermostat in it as I don't see a way to switch to gas and when I turn the heat on it kicks on the A/C Fan and not the floor vents. Maybe it is automatic but just concerned in case it does cool down up in PA when we are camping in the next couple weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_20171009_152727.jpg
    IMG_20171009_152727.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 47

danemayer

Cycle the thermostat mode to FAN and press the + or - button to change the fan to AUTO. Then cycle the mode back to HEAT/Furnace and the A/C fan won't come on.

Also, you probably have more than one A/C unit, each having its own thermostat. Only one thermostat also operates the furnace.

Razorbackfan

USN Chief
Cycle the thermostat mode to FAN and press the + or - button to change the fan to AUTO. Then cycle the mode back to HEAT/Furnace and the A/C fan won't come on.

Also, you probably have more than one A/C unit, each having its own thermostat. Only one thermostat also operates the furnace.

+1
took me three days of freezing my "" off before figuring that out.

fastcarsspeed

Dan you were spot on. Finally found a thread last night stating the same thing and found mybgsns were not on auto. Fixed them and will test today.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

emery395

In my cyclone 4005 the bedroom thermostat controls the heat and would like to switch to the 'living area' thermostat to control furnace so we can keep the bedroom cool. Factory told me to run a wire to that other thermostat but gave little help in best way to do it.

Looking for advice for running wire or some other solution. Thanks in advance.

danemayer

In my cyclone 4005 the bedroom thermostat controls the heat and would like to switch to the 'living area' thermostat to control furnace so we can keep the bedroom cool. Factory told me to run a wire to that other thermostat but gave little help in best way to do it.

Looking for advice for running wire or some other solution. Thanks in advance.

Presumably your problem is that the living room is not as warm as you want while the bedroom is warmer than you want. This is pretty much typical because the hottest air is in the rooms closest to the furnace.

Moving the control to the other thermostat doesn't change how heat is distributed between the living room and bedroom. So if you moved the control, and set the living room to be warm, the bedroom would still get more heat and be warmer than you want.

If you want the bedroom to be cooler, turn the thermostat down to a lower set point temperature.

Yes, the living room will be cooler too. So you may want to use supplemental heat in the living room.

LBR

Have you thought to completely block off the bedroom heat register? Less heat into bedroom and more into living room/galley....cooler bedroom, warmer living area is your goal?....then adjust thermostat for living room comfort level.

fastcarsspeed

After this weekend I am going to block part of the Bathroom Register and the bedroom. It gets hot up there and by reducing the flow to those registers should push it to the back of the rig. Also added a small space heater to the garage as normal it never gets warm enough in there.

danemayer

If you block vents, and a number of people have done so, you need to be aware that the furnace manufacturer strongly advises against doing so. With vents partially or completely blocked, the temperature in the combustion chamber rises and the high-limit switch may open, shutting off the furnace. If this happens repeatedly, you could possibly get a failure on that switch preventing the furnace from running at all.

So, at the very least, if you block vents, make yourself a note so that if you start having intermittent furnace problems, you have a place to start troubleshooting.