EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: IN, Elkhart - 10/4/2018 to 10/7/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

PALTeam

Past Indiana Chapter Leaders
We thought hard and long about rescheduling our rally after hearing about the Iowa rally and their 'hard date'. But if we moved to the previous weekend, it would have conflicted with a Notre Dame home football game, and that is kryptonite to any other events, as well as making it impossible to get campground reservations. So, with Regional approval, we stayed with the original date. We'll definitely watch out for this in future rallies!

Hey great Garry, since you will be there alone, can we hire you as our "butler" for the rally time????

- - - Updated - - -

Torn between attending (work permitting) this rally, or the Amana, Iowa rally which is scheduled for the same dates.......... Wondering why there are two rallies for the same dates? The Amana rally is during Oktoberfest which obviously can not be moved to another date. Both venues are great, but can only be in one place at one time..............................

Hey great Garry, since you will be there alone, can we hire you as our "butler" for the rally time????

- - - Updated - - -

Torn between attending (work permitting) this rally, or the Amana, Iowa rally which is scheduled for the same dates.......... Wondering why there are two rallies for the same dates? The Amana rally is during Oktoberfest which obviously can not be moved to another date. Both venues are great, but can only be in one place at one time..............................

Not good at “Butler” work Jim, but would be glad to see you & Claudia there.

Hockster

PALTeam

Howdy, folks! October and the Indiana Rally are rapidly approaching. Pam and I are really looking forward to getting together with y'all!

Generally speaking, here's what's going on:
  • Thursday: simple breakfast; golf outing; lunch on your own; afternoon on your own (or possible Cornhole tourney); Dinner meet and greet, PALTeam chili; tentative beer tasting by United Beverage and LoveWay www.lovewayinc.org presentation. LoveWay is our Heartland Gives Back choice.
  • Friday: big breakfast; Dicor presentation; lunch on your own; afternoon factory tour; dinner TBD (see questions below).
  • Saturday: ND tour, leave campground at 8:15; lunch at Tippecanoe Place; potluck dinner, raffle, etc.
  • Sunday: simple breakfast stuff; dinner TBD for those not leaving Sunday.

Before I finalize the schedule, I need to know a few things, please:
  • For the Friday evening meal, would you rather hang out at the campground (possible menu - lasagna) or go to Das Dutchman Essenhaus? www.essenhaus.com
  • Do you plan to go on the Notre Dame tour? We'll leave the campground no later than 8:15 am on Saturday, plan on a 2 1/2 hour tour. (Saturday morning was the only time we could get into the Basilica.)
  • Do you plan on going to Tippecanoe Place (the former Studebaker mansion) for lunch on Saturday? Plan on 12:00 noon. We'll be on the 'Sun Porch' (look under the 'Weddings and Events" tab at www.tippe.com). Figure on about $10 for salads and/or $10 for sandwiches; once we get a good count of who's going, we'll settle on some menu choices (due to the possible size of the group, we're limited to four choices of soup/salad, and four choices of sandwiches. No separate checks.
  • Cornhole tourney's seem to be popular; who is interested? Our facility has plenty of room, indoors, in case of inclement weather. Probably Thursday afternoon.

Feel free to do either the Notre Dame tour or Tippecanoe place, or both.

Thanks much for your response. Oh yeah, regarding the Saturday lunch at Tippecanoe Place, we'll need a firm count by the 28th of September.

Lyle

I’m going to strike out on my own and see a few different things I’ve been wanting to check out, already been to all those places you listed.
While y’all are going that way, I’m going the other way.

Hockster

dmclane

All sounds good to us with the exception of golf, so put our names on the lists. Fred would like to play cornhole (but not me, Diane) so he would need a partner. Whatever you decide on Friday night is ok with us.
Looking forward to the rally!
Fred and Diane McLane
Ohio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PALTeam

Thanks, Gary.

Lyle

I’m going to strike out on my own and see a few different things I’ve been wanting to check out, already been to all those places you listed.
While y’all are going that way, I’m going the other way.

Hockster

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, Diane.

Lyle

All sounds good to us with the exception of golf, so put our names on the lists. Fred would like to play cornhole (but not me, Diane) so he would need a partner. Whatever you decide on Friday night is ok with us.
Looking forward to the rally!
Fred and Diane McLane
Ohio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
We are registered for your rally. We will arrive October 2nd and depart on October 7th. Look forward to a good rally.
Ricky and Rachel Lester
Heartland # 2672

PALTeam

Bob, just heard back from Heartland, they can indeed support the special needs (wheelchair).

Lyle

We just made reservations for the 4th through the 7th.

Bob Lorna and Kristy

- - - Updated - - -

Also we have been to the factory tour before we bought our unit but would like to do it again since I have more questions. Not sure if we would be able to take the wheelchair though.

- - - Updated - - -

Super! Glad to hear it and looking forward to seeing you there.

Did you see the info on the factory tour, the Notre Dame tour, the Saturday lunch at Tippecanoe Place and the cornhole tourney? If so, do you plan to attend one, some or all?

Thanks much.

Lyle

=mountainlovers76;601946]We are registered for your rally. We will arrive October 2nd and depart on October 7th. Look forward to a good rally.
Ricky and Rachel Lester
Heartland # 2672[/QUOTE]

mytruc

Howdy, folks! October and the Indiana Rally are rapidly approaching. Pam and I are really looking forward to getting together with y'all!

• Thursday: simple breakfast; golf outing; lunch on your own; afternoon on your own (or possible Cornhole tourney); Dinner meet and greet, PALTeam chili; tentative beer tasting by United Beverage and LoveWay www.lovewayinc.org presentation. LoveWay is our Heartland Gives Back choice.
  • Friday: big breakfast; Dicor presentation; lunch on your own; afternoon factory tour; dinner TBD (see questions below).
  • Saturday: ND tour, leave campground at 8:15; lunch at Tippecanoe Place; potluck dinner, raffle, etc.

• For the Friday evening meal, would you rather hang out at the campground (possible menu - lasagna) or go to Das Dutchman Essenhaus? www.essenhaus.com
  • Do you plan to go on the Notre Dame tour? We'll leave the campground no later than 8:15 am on Saturday, plan on a 2 1/2 hour tour. (Saturday morning was the only time we could get into the Basilica.)
  • Do you plan on going to Tippecanoe Place (the former Studebaker mansion) for lunch on Saturday? Plan on 12:00 noon. We'll be on the 'Sun Porch' (look under the 'Weddings and Events" tab at www.tippe.com). Figure on about $10 for salads and/or $10 for sandwiches; once we get a good count of who's going, we'll settle on some menu choices (due to the possible size of the group, we're limited to four choices of soup/salad, and four choices of sandwiches. No separate checks.
  • Cornhole tourney's seem to be popular; who is interested? Our facility has plenty of room, indoors, in case of inclement weather. Probably Thursday afternoon.

Thanks much for your response. Oh yeah, regarding the Saturday lunch at Tippecanoe Place, we'll need a firm count by the 28th of September.

Lyle
Fri at Das Dutchman is okay with us. On Saturday we are in for the ND tour and lunch. The cornhole tourney will be subject as to the time we finish the golf outing. Have you got an idea as to what the main course for the potluck will be. This could help as to what side we bring. We will not be going to the factory tour.
Looking forward to seeing everybody soon.
Dave and Karen

PALTeam

Thanks much. We won't start the cornhole tourney without you! Saturday's potluck will be turkey, dressing, smashed.

See you soon!

Fri at Das Dutchman is okay with us. On Saturday we are in for the ND tour and lunch. The cornhole tourney will be subject as to the time we finish the golf outing. Have you got an idea as to what the main course for the potluck will be. This could help as to what side we bring. We will not be going to the factory tour.
Looking forward to seeing everybody soon.
Dave and Karen

"Hi-Viz" Bill

Lyle

Here's our "few things" response!!!

1. Our vote is for Essenhaus !!
2. Count us "IN" for the ND Tour !!
3. We're also "IN" for lunch at Tippecanoe Place !!
4. I'm "IN" for corn hole also .. IF my "normal" partner doesn't show up ( assuming Butch can be classified as normal, ;););) ) then I will also need a partner !!!

And, I'll echo Dave's response !! Corn hole will need to be AFTER we return from the links !!!

ffdon

retired Michigan Chapter Leaders

Lyle
Yes to cornhole yes to Notre Dame yes to Tippecanoe and if everybody's going to the Essenhaus will go along to thanks Don from Michigan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

PALTeam

Thanks, Don.

Lyle

Yes to cornhole yes to Notre Dame yes to Tippecanoe and if everybody's going to the Essenhaus will go along to thanks Don from Michigan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, Bill. We won't start cornhole without you! Any idea what time y'all will be back?

Lyle

Here's our "few things" response!!!

1. Our vote is for Essenhaus !!
2. Count us "IN" for the ND Tour !!
3. We're also "IN" for lunch at Tippecanoe Place !!
4. I'm "IN" for corn hole also .. IF my "normal" partner doesn't show up ( assuming Butch can be classified as normal, ;););) ) then I will also need a partner !!!

And, I'll echo Dave's response !! Corn hole will need to be AFTER we return from the links !!!

DCG1986

Ohio Chapter Leaders
Pam and Lyle.

Yes to the Factory tour.
Yes to Essenhaus
No to ND tour and lunch.

Looking forward to the Rally and seeing everyone!

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
What the heck, Yes to all, except Debbie won't golf. See everyone soon

Status
Not open for further replies.