Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2018 Newport with pantry in place of 1/2 bath

1. Print this Post   #11

Re: 2018 Newport with pantry in place of 1/2 bath

Local dealer within an hour has a Newport, Charleston and Louisville on the lot. We have been there twice, last time they had us at the table and we put together an order since the Newport they have on the lot is the old no buffet and fold out bed in the rear style. The Charleston has the newer colors so that is why I wanted to order. We actually went there with plans to look at the Newport and order an Arlington. We were still a little bit apart on the numbers so we left. I am in the north so not in a rush and am thinking maybe wait until we are closer to going fulltime.

Thanks,
    Jim

2. Print this Post   #12

We saw a Newport at the Tampa show and fell in love. Beth said get the Splendid washer and dryer, not combo, we love it. She wanted the stainless steel farm sink and dishwasher. Love them too. After 6 months, I'm so glad she put her foot down. It's a great unit.

TrailCreek
    2017 F350 King Ranch
    2017 Landmark Newport
    Beth & Thom - Full Timers.
    Life is not a journey with the intent of arriving in a well preserved package, but sliding in sideways, big grin on your face, body thoroughly used up, shouting Woohoo what a ride!

Beth and Thom
    2017 Heartland Landmark Newport
    2017 Ford F350King Ranch

3. Print this Post   #13
    Virginia Chapter Leaders klindgren's Avatar

[QUOTE After 6 months, I'm so glad she put her foot down. It's a great unit. [/QUOTE]
    They are addicting aren't they TrailCreek.

Keith & Carol Lindgren
    and Princess BoBo
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    2015 Landmark Newport
    2014 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat 6.7 L twin turbo dually
    HOC # 1186

4. Print this Post   #14

We were in Elkhart last year and wandered onto a lot to see what kinda goodies they had to show off. Found a Newport with the "pantry/office" option. Salesman said they couldn't move it because everybody wanted a 1/2 bath. We snatched her up. I wanted an office so bad since we full time and i still work full time. It's a small space but I spend 8-10 hours a day in there. Big enough space for me to do my job with a door to give me "some" quiet. I'm on the phone most of the day so the wife isn't being shushed over and over, so it's a double win.

We looked at several units with offices, kids rooms, craft rooms but they were always too large. i didn't' want to give up that much space for an activity I don't really want to be doing anyway (doesn't everybody want to play instead of work?).

It's a bit dark outside this is about the best i could do. Need a fisheye lens to make the office look big.
    IMG_7491.JPGIMG_7489.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Print this Post   #15

[QUOTE
    IMG_7491.JPGIMG_7489.JPG[/QUOTE]

Dang, davidaf. How do you keep your office so clean. Mine has the computer and a printer on the workspace and it seems always stay cluttered. Of course, that's why my wife loves being able to shut the door, so she doesn't have to look at my clutter.

Keith & Carol Lindgren
    and Princess BoBo
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    2015 Landmark Newport
    HOC # 1186

6. Print this Post   #16

Quote Originally Posted by klindgren View Post

Dang, davidaf. How do you keep your office so clean. Mine has the computer and a printer on the workspace and it seems always stay cluttered. Of course, that's why my wife loves being able to shut the door, so she doesn't have to look at my clutter.
    LOL with all that desktop space, one pen out on the desk makes me crazy. I keep the clutter hidden in the cupboards. Some a little more organized than others. This is my server closet hidden above the desk. The office has plenty of room for my hobbies (and profession). I'll expose myself as the full geek i am. Full enterprise class network, 32 Terabytes of storage, 5 physical servers, 5 virtual servers, all micro sized to fit in our limited space.. Bet nobody can guess what kinda profession i'm in. Wife has to be happy I slowed down on my HAM radio hobby. That poor office would be packed.

IMG_7108.jpg

7. Print this Post   #17

Quote Originally Posted by klindgren View Post
    [QUOTE Appreciate all the reply, seem like a great bunch of folks in here. Thanks, Jim
    Trust me Jim, you won't find a nicer bunch of people than the Heartland Owners Club folks. Always willing to share knowledge and fun. When you get your Newport, please consider joining the Heartland Owners Club. I promise you, you won't regret it.

Just glad I was able to share what little knowledge I have. If you get the 1/2 bath downstairs, you won't regret it. Most folks prefer it and it already has a ton of storage space without adding any cabinets, but there is space to add one over the camode. Because I still "work" from the road, we wanted the downstairs office and it works well for us. If you get a chance go to an RV show or dealer that has a Newport with the 1/2 bath. That might just be the selling point for "The Boss." Call Heartland Customer Service and ask them where the closest dealer with a 1/2 bath Newport is to you.
    Keith[/QUOTE]

We liked the floor plan of the Newport but liked the main bath, mirror/window of the Bighorn, so we ordered the Bighorn 3870.

8. Print this Post   #18

[QUOTE
    IMG_7108.jpg[/QUOTE]

Wow!!

Keith & Carol Lindgren
    and Princess BoBo
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    2015 Landmark Newport
    HOC # 1186