Elec Stabilizers Trailer tilts

Grizz88

After a nice level set up (even with slide out side high) the camper will slowly tilt to the road side (slide out side) enough that's its really noticeable. The bath room door will swing open when not latched. A few of the drawers will even wiggle open. When I slide everything back in and get the feet back up it goes back to level. Also the wobble after set up is terrible even with stabilizer bars locked. I'm at the point of getting scissor jacks or tongue jack and adding them to the rear frame or bumper. Any advise?

North Trail 2013 BUDS Caliber 33 feet

Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If that happens all the time then I would set up with the off door side high. Then after you put the slides out it should go to level.
You will need to know how far off level it gets before you can determine how high you will need to be at set up.
Trailer bounce is pretty normal because of some spring flex. It might be a good idea to use a pair of scissor jacks on the frame near the axle as well as using some good wheel chocks such as the x-chock.

Peace
Dave

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
When we had our NT we didn't have the lean problem but got rid of the wobble with x-chocks on both sides and by putting cribbing under each of the jacks so that they didnt extend out so far. Made for a sturdy rig when set up.

esscobra

my previous trailer was a 32ft travel trailer with 2 slides on road side- similar issue- not as bad though- found that 1 lynx level block row under tires would perfectly negate the lean due to all slide weight out on road side- so for non level site just add to that 1st layer

uncledon

Her chauffeur
2x on X chocks to reduce movement/bounce. Biggest aid with last trailer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I first level the trailer with the slides in then check and tweak it again once they’re all extended. Also check the fridge floor is level.

I have the original Ground Control jack system and use a LVL-1 electronic level (and spirit levels).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grizz88

Thanks for the advise X chocks will be next... These lippert elec stabilizers seem to be a joke, really don't do much at all. the old scissor jacks seem to work better.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Thanks for the advise X chocks will be next... These lippert elec stabilizers seem to be a joke, really don't do much at all. the old scissor jacks seem to work better.

A trick used by some with the electric rear stabilizers is to find level with the front jacks with the rear ones still off the ground. Then drop the front about 3/4" and then set the rears to the ground. Then bring the front back up to level, thus snugging the rears. Helps some.

Domi

We have not had the NT come off of level side to side once it is set. We did get a set of X chocks and they have done wonders for the bounceing.

I have found that if I go out a couple of hours after we pull in and "resnug" the electric stablizers and the X chocks that helps a lot also. Sometimes I will also do it the next morning.

I tend to set the back stablizers first then the front. I have also raised the tounge a little on occasion when the back seems a little bouncy and that fixes it.

Good luck.

John

Grizz88

We have not had the NT come off of level side to side once it is set. We did get a set of X chocks and they have done wonders for the bounceing.

I have found that if I go out a couple of hours after we pull in and "resnug" the electric stablizers and the X chocks that helps a lot also. Sometimes I will also do it the next morning.

I tend to set the back stablizers first then the front. I have also raised the tounge a little on occasion when the back seems a little bouncy and that fixes it.

Good luck.

John

I set up trailer with slide side high (bubble touching line on 4' level), with tongue about 2" low I set rear stabs down as tight as they will go (I use very little blocking on level site), then raise tongue jack to level, then front stabs, then tighten my sway bars then slide out rooms. A few weeks back on a rainy Saturday I prob had 12 people in camper playing cards watching movies, (mostly kid). The next day the camper leaned so much you could see it a 100 feet away.