Slide out lube

Dan54

New owner here. I am winterizing my Landmark & noticed the gears that drive the slide outs are very dry. What type lube should I use? Also do the hydraulic rams need lubricated?

GregP

I think O/P was enquiring about lubrication of the the drive gears and hydraulic ram. Lubrication of the gears is not necessary or recommended, but they should be kept clean if you are towing in dirty environment. I clean the hydraulic ram periodically and spray it a few times a season with an aerosol silicone lubricant, same as for the hydraulic legs on the levelling system.

danemayer

New owner here. I am winterizing my Landmark & noticed the gears that drive the slide outs are very dry. What type lube should I use? Also do the hydraulic rams need lubricated?

Lippert says:
The Lippert Through Frame Slide-out System has been static tested to over 4,000 continuous cycles without any noticeable wear to rotating or sliding parts. It is recommended that when operating in harsh environments (road salt, ice build up, etc.) the moving parts be kept clean. They can be washed with mild soap and water. No grease or lubrication is necessary and in some situations may be detrimental to the environment and long term dependability of the system.

That said, I believe some people use a dry lube that doesn't attract and retain dirt.

justafordguy

That's good to know. I was told to use dry lube by my dealer and have for the past two years. I wonder if I'll be OK or if I should clean it off? :confused: