Heartland landmark factory tour

smoothie

Hello everyone. I have been researching for the intent of purchasing a fifth wheel for the past year. We had finally narrowed our search with the Landmark madison at the top of the list. A few weeks back we scheduled a factory tour in hopes of solidifying our decision and moving forward towards a purchase. Lyndsey at Hearland contacted me by phone on two occasions to verify that the tour was scheduled and they were looking forward to seeing us. She also sent emails verifying the information. Needless to say we were very excited about this tour. To make a long story short we drove 500 miles to the factory and was greeted extremely well by Lyndsey. Matt came to the office and proceeded to take us over to the factory for the tour. When we arrived at the factory all the lights were out as everyone had gone home. Matt did not know how to turn the lights on and proceeded to attempt to show us around a completely dark factory with just the light on his cell phone. As you can imagine we are extremely disappointed. Unfortunately after this experience we are seriously considering moving to another manufacturer. Is this typical of Heartland customer service? Who can I contact concerning this?

danemayer

Hi smoothie,

That does sound like somebody screwed up bigtime. I'd suggest you call and ask to speak with Andy Wesdorp, the Landmark 365 General Manager.

LBR

After that horrid experience, I wouldn't even consider leaving my S&B for an RV of any type...that is just AWFUL!

sengli

We also recently that same tour( 3 weeks ago), but only half of the lights were out in the production facility. Seriously, you cant turn the lights on? It was dangerous, and wasnt very informative as well.

smoothie

After that horrid experience, I wouldn't even consider leaving my S&B for an RV of any type...that is just AWFUL!

We love rv'ing. When you are considering spending that much money which is a lot to us then you want to know that you can somewhat trust the company you are buying from.

smoothie

We also recently that same tour( 3 weeks ago), but only half of the lights were out in the production facility. Seriously, you cant turn the lights on? It was dangerous, and wasnt very informative as well.

It leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth. To me when you are promoting your product you do it in a way that makes people want it not push them away.

CDN

B and B
In all honesty the tour does little to sway a purchaser. Time better spent is to ask questions, look a completed unit at the dealer, look for things not completed. The factory is a dangerous place and most production people leave by midday starting early.

Do what is called a PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) on the trailer prior to order/purchase. Oregon Camper has a very complete PDI list.

https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/?man=User Guides

Make sure the dealer can review any concerns with you, they are first to repair something that might be wrong.

Coming from SOB what I have seen in their factories made us choose Heartland as our newest RV.

Brian

Eric1234

I am so sorry how frustrating, we did the tour as well. I felt like when we did the tour it was a rush job. When we asked questions it was always I don't know you have to call so and so. We are happy with our trailer but I would definitely compare against drv. With standard disk brakes and morryde IS suspension from the factory.

Good luck with your choice

eric

travlingman

Hello everyone. I have been researching for the intent of purchasing a fifth wheel for the past year. We had finally narrowed our search with the Landmark madison at the top of the list. A few weeks back we scheduled a factory tour in hopes of solidifying our decision and moving forward towards a purchase. Lyndsey at Hearland contacted me by phone on two occasions to verify that the tour was scheduled and they were looking forward to seeing us. She also sent emails verifying the information. Needless to say we were very excited about this tour. To make a long story short we drove 500 miles to the factory and was greeted extremely well by Lyndsey. Matt came to the office and proceeded to take us over to the factory for the tour. When we arrived at the factory all the lights were out as everyone had gone home. Matt did not know how to turn the lights on and proceeded to attempt to show us around a completely dark factory with just the light on his cell phone. As you can imagine we are extremely disappointed. Unfortunately after this experience we are seriously considering moving to another manufacturer. Is this typical of Heartland customer service? Who can I contact concerning this?

You do know that they no longer make the Madison and it is dealer stock only don't you?

smoothie

You do know that they no longer make the Madison and it is dealer stock only don't you?

I was unaware of that. That information wasn't shared at the tour either. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

In all honesty the tour does little to sway a purchaser. Time better spent is to ask questions, look a completed unit at the dealer, look for things not completed. The factory is a dangerous place and most production people leave by midday starting early.

Do what is called a PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) on the trailer prior to order/purchase. Oregon Camper has a very complete PDI list.

https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/?man=User Guides

Make sure the dealer can review any concerns with you, they are first to repair something that might be wrong.

Coming from SOB what I have seen in their factories made us choose Heartland as our newest RV.

Brian

I agree the tour it isn't necessarily a deal breaker but it can make a difference, at least for me. I would like to be able to say the same and say what I saw made us choose as well but it is hard to see when there are no lights. LOL :D:D:D

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I am so sorry how frustrating, we did the tour as well. I felt like when we did the tour it was a rush job. When we asked questions it was always I don't know you have to call so and so. We are happy with our trailer but I would definitely compare against drv. With standard disk brakes and morryde IS suspension from the factory.

Good luck with your choice

eric

Eric, DRV is owned by Heartland. The MorRyde products are installed at MorRyde, after the unit is complete, not at the factory where DRVs are made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLR

I guess we did it all wrong.. :) We never toured the factory or step foot inside the particular model we ordered.. Only found 2 of these particular models even on a lot west of the Mississippi.. We took a chance and it was a great outcome.. Yes we had been inside of a Cyclone. We did have changes as we ordered it in July.. Just as they HL is gearing up for the 2018 year models ours was a late 2017 and has a build date mid September. Which ended up being a blessing.. Furion appliances, different outside color & graphics along with lighter colored furniture..
Cyclone 4018. Yes all of us put out alot if money for these however this will be out fulltime home next year..
So yes it was bad of HL for not giving you the tour you thought you were going to get, but, someone else had a worst day some where.. keep everything in perspective.. :)

Sent from BLR Logistics

smoothie

I guess we did it all wrong.. :) We never toured the factory or step foot inside the particular model we ordered.. Only found 2 of these particular models even on a lot west of the Mississippi.. We took a chance and it was a great outcome.. Yes we had been inside of a Cyclone. We did have changes as we ordered it in July.. Just as they HL is gearing up for the 2018 year models ours was a late 2017 and has a build date mid September. Which ended up being a blessing.. Furion appliances, different outside color & graphics along with lighter colored furniture..
Cyclone 4018. Yes all of us put out alot if money for these however this will be out fulltime home next year..
So yes it was bad of HL for not giving you the tour you thought you were going to get, but, someone else had a worst day some where.. keep everything in perspective.. :)

Sent from BLR Logistics

Good to here that you are happy with your choice. It's was more disappointing than anything to have driven so far. You are correct it is a matter of perspective. Thanks for the advice.

jnbhobe

Eric, DRV is owned by Heartland. The MorRyde products are installed at MorRyde, after the unit is complete, not at the factory where DRVs are made.

The Mor-Ryde IS and disc brakes are installed by DRV during the build, then the rig is sent to Mor-Ryde for final inspection of the running gear and alignment.

porthole

Retired

The Mor-Ryde IS and disc brakes are installed by DRV during the build, then the rig is sent to Mor-Ryde for final inspection of the running gear and alignment.

Since I had a 6+ hour ride home this time and you only had a little over 2 hours for a change - ya beat me to it :rolleyes:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Oops! Y'all are right. While at MorRyde we saw a steady stream of DRVs going in for work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mslater

same thing happened to me when we bought our 2014...the plants lights were off and we had to navigate the factory with only night lights on ....cant believe its even legal, at least dangerous .... ask tour guide about a few of the issues we had been alerted to by this forum and of course they had never heard of any issues ....very disappointing should have been a good clue as to what was coming .