New ultra lights XLT series???

Greselda

Just wondering if anyone else had one of these beauties? We just love ours....it is a 265rk, 28.5' XLT and it only weighs 6600#'s net...yippee!

We noticed that the only forum than addresses Sundances is only for the mid profile line.....how about our XLT's??

Just asking....

Thanks...

Rick and Janine

fmboland

Hey Guys,
Just joined this forum to ask that exact question. Have never owned an RV before and we started looking and came across the Sundance mid profile. We feel in love with the 3012RE. The question I have is the weight and pin weight. I have a 2007 Tundra that I am sure would pull it but concerns were safety and my own feeling about running over the max. We noticed the XLT's and we are trying to find one to look at and make our own decision. I have not been able to locate a dealer that has one in stock or a dealer that would order one or has one coming in. We are looking at the 265RK or 287RL.
We have a daughter that lives in Colorado Springs and if we pull it would need to know that we could make a long distance run and handle the mountains. If you could offer any pros or cons we would love to hear them. Any input would be great. Good to hear you are happy with it.

Thanks Fred & Cathy

Greselda

Hi Fred and Cathy!

One of the things that my DH wanted me to ask is how big is your motor, what size tonnage is your truck, 3/4 or 1 ton and how long is your truck bed?
Do you know what your truck is rated at for towing capacity? Most people say to only buy and tow up to about 2/3 of your capacity just to be safe.

We pull ours with a Ford V10 gasser, 3/4 ton super duty which has a short bed and we have no problem. However, we do have one of the XLT's and as I mentioned it only weighs 6600#'s net.

Welcome to our Heartland family and whatever you decide you will love the Sundance line.

Rick and Janine

fmboland

We have a 2007 Toyota Tundra, 1/2 ton, standard 6' bed. Towing weight of 10,600 lbs. It has the 5.7 w/381hp. I feel sure that it would pull the larger 5er, I just feel that it would be unsafe as well as a legal issue if you were ever in an accident. Are there any features that you really love or do you have things you dislike? It is nice to hear pros and cons to make an informed decision. We are driving to a dealer in N.Florida to see one that they have in stock. It is about 200 miles away but worth the trip to see one in person, there are none any where close.

See Ya Fred

Greselda

Hey Fred and Cathy!

According to everyone we talk to and also my Rick, the 1/2 ton is just not big enough to really do pulling a 30' + 5th wheel justice. We don't think there are any legal issues, but could be wrong.....just safety issues:confused:

Some of the things we love about our XLT Sundance is the quality of craftsmanship.....everything is nailed, and glued not just stapled, which makes a huge difference with all the rocking an rolling a coach does while being pulled along.

We chose the 265rk because it is the largest living area offered in the XLT series and I love the rear kitchen! There is a large double door pantry that is wonderful. Also, when we were looking it was very important that when the slide was all the way in we could still access the fridge, the bathroom and the bedroom, which you can with this model.....very important to us.

We also went with the stand alone table and chairs instead of the dinette which when we removed two of the chairs and turned the table against the wall gives us even more living room.....it is great!!

We added a very nice built-in pillow top mattress by SpringAir (they are actually recommended to be used without a box spring) and it is soooooooo comfy!!! You will have to be careful if you get a new mattress that it is not too high because of the way the head of the bedroom is configured (slanted downward). The higher the mattress the more it will push that mattress toward the foot of the bed and the less room you will have in your bedroom.

Because my DH is so handy he actually cut down our bed frame so that it is closer to the floor which made our mattress move up towards the head and give us so much more room around the bed.....in fact I can walk all the way around the bed on both sides now......neat!!!

Ask away anything else you think of and we will be happy to try to answer all questions! BTW, we also bought ours sight unseen, and we have never been happier!

Rick and Janine

05Winger

We have the 287rl and like the trailer because I can still get to the fridge and bathroom with the slide out. Actually you can get to the back of the trailer with slide out also. My wife and I are very pleased with the quality of the trailer and Noble RV has really taken care of us. Our furnace started getting very loud so we brought the trailer in for service. It was a week before a three day weekend and they turned it around the next day. They found a plastic wrapper floating around in the fan. When we arrived to hook up I didn’t even have to get out of the truck to hook up. They met me in truck and hooked the unit up for me. This has been a great purchase and I feel it has been money well spent compared to other trailers and dealerships. I am sure you can pull with a ½ ton pickup but I feel much more comfortable with a ¾ ton. I am so much more relaxed driving the 5<SUP>th</SUP> wheel over a TT. Hope this helps.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>