Slide supports

Brownie14

Does anyone use or recommend the use of slide supports when slides are out for any length of time? What is the load limit of a 12' slide?
thanks

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Does anyone use or recommend the use of slide supports when slides are out for any length of time? What is the load limit of a 12' slide?
thanks

Some people use them and some don't. I would say 98% don't. They are really not needed due to the way slides are made. If you use them and forget to remove them....big problems will happen.
Call Heartland if you want load limit.

Razorbackfan

USN Chief
I had the slides out for 2 and a half years on my last coach and ran the slides in just like it was new. I did lubricate the seals every 90 days or so and ran them in a bit to do that but they were out the whole time.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
You shouldn't need them on a 5th-wheel, but we had them for our previous Heartland Trail Runner bumper pull trailer, which only had one slide that contained the large dinette and came out twice as far as any of the slides on our Prowler 5th-wheeler.

With that trailer, the slide-out stabilizers were a must!

CamperSlideOutJacks-IMG_0510.jpg CheyenneMntSunset-IMG_2100.jpg

TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095153310.jpg TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095110323.jpg

Most especially if more than two people were sitting in the dinette.