adding hitch to rear end

herefishy

I'd like to have one of those boxes on a platform to carry my generator on the back of our 2009 Bighorn, but ours didn't come with a hitch receiver to add the box. Can any unit be retrofitted with a hitch receiver to add one of these platforms/boxes?

Oregon_Camper

You can add an after-market hitch...:)

I had one fabricated for our Bighorn (bolted and welded), as my goal was to carry my WR450 dirt bike on the back of our Bighorn. I wanted to reduce the side-to-side rocking of a single insert hitch, so I had this hitch custom build, by creating 2 inserts (the outside ones in picture). Now the bike rides back there and NEVER moves...it is awesome. I had the middle insert added at the last minute, in case I wanted to use a standard rack or something else...but I have never used it.

My next project is to add some reverse lights on this bumper. :)

2015-08-10 11.45.41.jpg 2015-08-10 11.37.55.jpg

herefishy

Wow, that's great. Guess a little one to carry a generator wouldn't be a problem, then.

- - - Updated - - -

But it just occurred to me, is there a better way to carry a generator than with one of those hitch-attached platforms?

Oregon_Camper

Wow, that's great. Guess a little one to carry a generator wouldn't be a problem, then.

- - - Updated - - -

But it just occurred to me, is there a better way to carry a generator than with one of those hitch-attached platforms?

You could just add a hitch to the front of your truck. Look in my signature image below, you will see the motorcycle rack attached. Again...I used the 2 insert vs 1 insert to avoid any rocking.