Best Pin Box for the Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch

Clark2262

Don't like that at all and I can see why it would be a problem with a MOR/ryde pinbox.

The MR pinbox moves front to back and side to side in a circular motion (oval shaped). I can easily visualize that movement stressing those bolts.

I checked with Pullrite and they did not have a problem with the MORryde pinbox. If you think about it, MORryde cushions the movement on the bolts, like it cushions your ride.

porthole

Retired
I checked with Pullrite and they did not have a problem with the MORryde pinbox. If you think about it, MORryde cushions the movement on the bolts, like it cushions your ride.

That 'cushion' may increase the stress on the bolts as well. There is a reason the bolts did what they did.

Just the same, MOR/ryde blocks the bottom plate when you go with a slider hitch.

CoveredWagon

That 'cushion' may increase the stress on the bolts as well. There is a reason the bolts did what they did.

The movement in the Mor/Ryde pinbox is between the upper and lower plates of the pinbox. This to my way of thinking would actually reduce any loading on the bolts around the king pin. Again I haven’t had a chance to have a good look at the Pullrite adapter, but I suspect the loading is not placed correctly on the king pin. The bolts should only keep it from falling off. With the Andersen adapter the bolts are not even torqued.