Champion 3400 dual powered generator

dana22

We recently bought a new Champion 3400 generator. We hooked it up on our Landmark to check it out and we aren't seeing amps measured on the display just volts. Is this right or have we forgotten to do something?

Last edited by a moderator:

Oregon_Camper

We recently bought a new Champion 3400 generator. We hooked it up on our Landmark to check it out and we aren't seeing amps measured on the display just volts. Is this right or have we forgotten to do something?

Where are you looking for amps? RV or Generator?

danemayer

What year Landmark? Does it have the PCS system that manages power usage? Is that the monitor you're reading? Are you plugging the shore power cord into the generator? Is the generator supplying 50 amps or 30 amps?

ziggysun

We have the same generator. It supplies 30 amps, you'll get more amps using gas as the fuel source vs. the propane option.

TedS

Does the generator need to have a neutral to ground bond for the power management system to allow power to be delivered?

Oregon_Camper

Does the generator need to have a neutral to ground bond for the power management system to allow power to be delivered?

My little Yamaha EF2000 generator will not work if I have my hardwired Progressive EMS "on"....as it doesn't have the ground bond. I still need to make one of those plugs that tricks the EMS into thinking there is proper ground.

dana22

What year Landmark? Does it have the PCS system that manages power usage? Is that the monitor you're reading? Are you plugging the shore power cord into the generator? Is the generator supplying 50 amps or 30 amps?

It supplies 30 amps and yes the shore power cord was plugged into the generator.

dana22

We are just seeing 66 volts on the monitor. When plugged up to shore electricity it shows 123 or so. So I guess it is only utilizing one leg in the camper.

- - - Updated - - -

it's a 2016 Landmark

Oregon_Camper

We are just seeing 66 volts on the monitor. When plugged up to shore electricity it shows 123 or so. So I guess it is only utilizing one leg in the camper.

Are you seeing the 123v off a 50amp outlet at the campground?

Does the campground have 30amp service? If so...try that, using the adapter you're using to connect to your generator.

I'm hoping you just have a bad adapter.

This is the one we use, which will provide 120v on both legs

Link to Amazon

51USKAoQGOL._SL1350_.jpg

danemayer

- - - Updated - - -

it's a 2016 Landmark
You need to stop using the generator with the RV until you sort this out. You could cause damage.

TedS

It sounds like the generator is not working properly. It may be creating only half-wave ac to see 66 volts instead of full wave to see 120 volts.
Get the generator checked out.