Skymed

KARRON

I love going to the rally's meeting new people and visiting with old friends, but I Am really getting tired of having to set through another Skymed presentation. We are have been ambushed 2 times , as owners we should have the choice of going or not. They have a great product but how many times can you hear the same thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I love going to the rally's meeting new people and visiting with old friends, but I Am really getting tired of having to set through another Skymed presentation. We are have been ambushed 2 times , as owners we should have the choice of going or not. They have a great product but how many times can you hear the same thing.

Did this happen at an HOC rally or some other rally? I know at my (Louisiana) rallies and many others you can choose what you want to do, you are not made to attend anything you don’t want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KARRON

This has happened 2 times at a HOC, I am just letting the powers to be ,we do not want this anymore, most people are to polite to just get up and leave. We need to be informed that they are coming and not hold up our dinner so it gets cold or after dinner where we feel we need to stay.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Where did this happen? All of the rallies I have ever hosted or been to, the Skymed folks were just a presentation that was offered and people had the choice to attend or not attend.

Rod

danemayer

This has happened 2 times at a HOC, I am just letting the powers to be ,we do not want this anymore, most people are to polite to just get up and leave. We need to be informed that they are coming and not hold up our dinner so it gets cold or after dinner where we feel we need to stay.

This may just be something local, so why not start by discussing it with your chapter leader.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

This has happened at 2 different rally's now for us. North NV and South NV rally's I feel the same way, If I was interested in this I can choose to go but I felt ambushed both times also. Not a big deal now because I know now to just get up and walk out. I sure it's a good thing for some people JUST NOT ME !!!!!
And to think I almost missed Thursday Night Football for this. Luckily my watch said the game was starting soon so I got up and left.

Chippendale

I have two close friends whose spouses had to be air evacuated to big city hospitals. One had signed up for the service and the other hadn't. I can see why a person would not want to have to sit through multiple presentations of any sales pitch, but it might benefit all of us to look into that sort of insurance. My understanding is that it is very expensive and that all insurance does not cover it. Needless to say, I haven't signed up yet, but maybe I should, at my age, heed my own advice.

jbeletti

Thanks all for the Skymed presentation feedback.

Nancy and I travel outside the US often, so we felt Skymed was a good fit for us.

With regard to feeling obligated to sit through a Skymed presentation, I'm wondering if this is more related to the location chosen for the presentation.

When I have invited a Skymed rep to a national rally, I've given them a specific space to present in that is not a public space per se. Not a space where all have gathered. Rather, a space where only interested parties have gathered for the presentation. For those reading this here, does this sound workable?

I truly want to learn more about how to make this and other product/service specific presentations, more acceptable at rallies and only to those who have an interest.

Once I learn more about how it can be done in a more acceptable manner, I can relay this to our club leadership.

Thanks

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Presentations and activities regardless of topic should be disclosed in the event agenda. Additionally if said presentation is scheduled with a pot luck, that presentation should be after the meal so uninterested individuals can “politely” excuse themselves but still partake in the meal and fellowship with friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

It happened at one of the rallies we attended last year where we were literally trapped into sitting through it. It is probably a good product. Peggy and I have a similar product. Once you have heard the spiel, the product doesn't change so there is no reason to sit through it again. I agree, it should be published on the itinerary fo we have an option to opt out by just not going or leaving if it is in conjunction with another activity.

Last edited:

Gaffer

The presentation should not be scheduled immediately after the potluck if it holds captive those waiting for door prize/white elephant exchanges. An exception might be for a brief presentation where the presenter sponsors the meal.

KARRON

The presentation should not be scheduled immediately after the potluck if it holds captive those waiting for door prize/white elephant exchanges. An exception might be for a brief presentation where the presenter sponsors the meal.

That is what I was trying to say, before dinner or after, this is when we all want to eat and mingle, not feel trapped into listening to a presentation we just heard a few months ago. I am not saying this is not a good product but not giving us the opportunity to listen or be rude and just get up and leave, that is the problem. Sometimes or leader does not have the chance to tell us this is coming.

Trailer Trash

Been caught 3X with them, 1 time they held up potluck at Oasis Las Vegas, we ended up eating when it was about too dark. I checked them out, they are highly commisioned, they do all the same services as the same product you can buy from Good Sam the only difference I found was they use private aircraft vs Good Sam uses commercial airlines. But the big difference Good Sam charges about 10% of what Skymed charges.

Art Mitchell

Last edited:

wdk450

These presentations should preferably be a separate event from the potlucks. If scheduled around the potlucks, they should be AFTER the meal, and you should not feel bad excusing yourself saying" I have sat through this presentation before, thank you".

You know I used to be an officer in my local biomedical technician's professional organization. Our standard chapter setup was (and still is 20 years later) to have the vendor making a presentation at our meetings BUY THE MEAL FOR THE GROUP for the privilege of addressing a "focused" audience of potential customers. Salesmen relish such an opportunity.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired

Hi we just held our New York Rally last weekend and we had our presenters for our give back program "Honor Flight" give their presentation after dinner and we informed our members on our agenda that was in their rally bags plus we went over all our events the first evening of our rally and gave people options of attending. We never tell people attending our rally they must stay for any presentation or function. We did a wine tour as well and about 3/4 of the group choose to go and the rest stayed behind and did their own thing and that was fine with all of us.

Hope the rest of the rally was fun.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
That is what I was trying to say, before dinner or after, this is when we all want to eat and mingle, not feel trapped into listening to a presentation we just heard a few months ago. I am not saying this is not a good product but not giving us the opportunity to listen or be rude and just get up and leave, that is the problem. Sometimes or leader does not have the chance to tell us this is coming.

However I kind of agree with PJ if the presenter is the one providing the meal. I was at the national rally in Vegas and I do not remember anything like that there and I was not at the Nevada North rally to be able to properly respond. But, if the presenter (in this case Skymed) was the one providing the meal, then I would say that they have every right to expect everyone attending the meal to hear their sales pitch. The option to attend or not attend is always yours to choose.

On all of the rallies I have planned, I have always had Skymed do a presentation in the middle of the day, not associated or affiliated with any meals, that way members can choose to go or not to go to the presentation. But in this case you are referring to, at least by reading the comments people have posted, it sounds like Skymed provided the food, so I would say that if that was the case, they had the right to expect everyone eating to hear their pitch. However if they are not providing the meal, then I would totally agree that people should not be held captive or prevented from getting the meal that they are there to enjoy. Thats my opinion anyway.

Rod

kowAlski631

Our feelings have always been that if we have been informed that a sponsor/partner will be presenting we have the option to stay or leave. If we get "side swiped", we absolutely will leave. Think about it like unsolicited email or phone calls.