Is the Oakmont discontinued?

In visiting the Heartland Website, I noticed that the models do not include the Oakmont. Is this model now discontinued? If so why?

danemayer

Hi Trophy_fish,

If I'm remembering correctly, Heartland re-badged the Oakmont and now calls it Bighorn Traveler to get the added marketplace recognition of the Bighorn brand name.

wdk450

Hi Trophy_fish,

If I'm remembering correctly, Heartland re-badged the Oakmont and now calls it Bighorn Traveler to get the added marketplace recognition of the Bighorn brand name.

Dan:
I am far from being an expert in Heartland models, but didn't somebody recently post that the Oakmont was a model only sold by Camping World, so it might not appear on the regular Heartland website. It is like my Toshiba L505 Laptop made for and only sold by Best Buy.

Or, am I confusing a different Heartland model?

danemayer

Dan:
I am far from being an expert in Heartland models, but didn't somebody recently post that the Oakmont was a model only sold by Camping World, so it might not appear on the regular Heartland website. It is like my Toshiba L505 Laptop made for and only sold by Best Buy.

Or, am I confusing a different Heartland model?
Bill,

The CW private label trailers are Mallard, Pioneer, and North Peak.

Here's part of Tom Montague's explanation from last year - focused mostly on brand name recognition.
When I sat back and reviewed the two products I was given one thing was obvious. Bighorn is rolling and doing well and Oakmont was struggling a bit. So I had to ask myself why. It was clear to me after consulting with dealers, potential retail customers, and reviewing web data on the brand Oakmont - clearly not many people know of or research the brand Oakmont. People may end up buying an Oakmont but it wasn't something people we searching from the beginning.

In order for me to grow the brand I feel my first priority is to change the name to something we know works, a brand name that leads the industry, one we have spent millions on as a company. When the Bachelor wants to do a spin off show, do they name it Bobs Beach Party? NO, they name it the Bachelor Beach Party because they know fans of the Bachelor will watch. I've basically employed the same marketing strategy and it's working very well. Dealers who were Bighorn dealers who were not Oakmont dealers have signed up and have taken product. Afterall, 1/2 the battle is just getting inventory on dealers lots. Goal #1 accomplished.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Not sure if I'm correct. But I thought the Silverado became the Oakmont and then the Oakmont became the Bighorn Traveler.

danemayer

The NADA guide for 2015 model year shows both Oakmont and Silverado. So maybe there was a mid-model-year change from Silverado to Oakmont, or maybe they co-existed for a little while. My recollection of last week is hazy. 2-3 years ago is an eternity.:rolleyes:

wdk450

The NADA guide for 2015 model year shows both Oakmont and Silverado. So maybe there was a mid-model-year change from Silverado to Oakmont, or maybe they co-existed for a little while. My recollection of last week is hazy. 2-3 years ago is an eternity.:rolleyes:

Your last sentence reflects my brain, too. Actually, I tell people that all of the data is still there, but the access time has grown exponentially.

Best regards,

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I tell people that my hard drive is full and when something new comes in . . . something old has to go! :p

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Out of curiosity, didn’t the Oakmont brand name replace the Greystone brand name?

No, Greystone was the same level as a Sundance, so that they can be in the same market area. (Like Cyclone and Road Warrior)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk