Touch up paint

carl.swoyer

On my 2012 Landmark Rushmore fifth wheel I needed to do some touch up on the paint. So I grabbed the four bottles of factory paint and bummer. They are all Gooey. So what I did was purchase a bottle of automotive paint reducer. Started with three teaspoons of reducing to each bottle. Let it sit for a few hours then stirring with a stainless steel drift punch. I've been doing this for a few days and have managed to save all four bottles.
I didn't want to spend $ 50.00 per bottle at the local body shop to have matching colors made.
I put this post here because I couldn't find a category for paint . So check out your touch up paint.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

wdk450

When I did touch-ups on my 2008 Bighorn (White) I found a Dupli Color Ford White at the local auto parts store that matched the Heartland factory color (to my eye) in spray cans. You might be able to also match the dark grey (?) used on later Heartlands if you do some searching of the Dupli Color available colors.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator:

carl.swoyer

When I did touch-ups on my 2008 Bighorn (White) I found a Dupli Color Ford White at the local auto parts store that matched the Heartland factory color (to my eye) in spray cans. You might be able to also match the dark grey (?) used on later Heartlands if you do some searching of the Dupli Color available colors.

- - - Updated - - -
When I called heartland factory parts they gave me my paint codes. They are all ford and gm colors. So I can approach the respective parts department and buy factory spray paint from them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Re: Touch up paint - Online

Not just any body shop can make touch up paint, especially in aerosol cans. I just bought touch up paint online from a company in LA that will put in 12oz aerosol cans for a very reasonable price. I have a 2016 Landmark Key West and needed the White Pearl - PP200 Sikkens code. Delivered in 3 days to TX, UPS, and matched perfectly. They have all my RV colors and clear coat. Anybody interested, respond. I am new to this forum and don't know if I can post their info here. Let me know...

danemayer

Not just any body shop can make touch up paint, especially in aerosol cans. I just bought touch up paint online from a company in LA that will put in 12oz aerosol cans for a very reasonable price. I have a 2016 Landmark Key West and needed the White Pearl - PP200 Sikkens code. Delivered in 3 days to TX, UPS, and matched perfectly. They have all my RV colors and clear coat. Anybody interested, respond. I am new to this forum and don't know if I can post their info here. Let me know...
Hi firemaul001,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Feel free to post a link to the paint company.

Thanks danemayer!! The name of the company is AutomotiveTouchUp (Microfinish LLC) New Orleans, LA. On their website, they only have searches for automotive paint, by auto manufacturer, not RV manufacturer. Give them a call at 1-888-710-5192. They will ask you for the paint code. Depending on who you talk to, mentioning RV may confuse them. When I told them Sikkens, White Pearl, PP200, it showed on their system as a 2015 Landmark 365. My 2016 has the same paint code. Each 12oz aerosol can of basecoat is $19.95 and clearcoat is $7.95. They also sell brushinbottle, pens, and for spray guns. The paint matched perfectly... http://www.automotivetouchup.com/index.htm

oldelmer1

When I called Heartland for the paint code for the white, they had no ideas as to what it was, said it comes white.

I need some white too.

Thanks for the code...